HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

American Auto Parts
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NeWaZ
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 4:08 am    Post subject: American Auto Parts Reply with quote

https://www.americanautos.com.au

Has anyone bought the Lowered Springs offered from this store, or does anyone know anything about them???

HFL-6 GEMINI LOWERED FRT SPRINGS REFER CAT $108.01
HRL-25 H.D REAR LOWERED SPRINGS, GEMINI $108.01

They seem pretty damn cheap, thats all!

Any Replies appreciated!

NeWaZ
gem12c
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 2:51 pm    Post subject: Re: American Auto Parts Reply with quote

the springs from american autos are lovell srings. i think there pretty good.
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:17 pm    Post subject: Re: American Auto Parts Reply with quote

Did you see whether the prices quoted were in American or Australian dollars ? Find out first before you buy, otherwise it will cost pretty much double.
Jasyn...
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: American Auto Parts Reply with quote

If it's the american auto parts that i know, there should be two stores located in NSW (Homebush, Beverly Hills). If thats the one, I think that its pretty safe that they would be dealing in $AU.

Sam
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: American Auto Parts Reply with quote

Good stuff! It sounds like a good deal, so go for it.
Jasyn...
Getafix
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 7:20 pm    Post subject: Re: American Auto Parts Reply with quote

when i did a search for "gemini" just to check out what they got, this is displayed at the top

"All prices shown are in Australian Dollars ($AUD) and include GST"

so yeah, cheap i guess
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: American Auto Parts Reply with quote

www.blah blah "DOT COM DOT AU" = Australian - ie. in australia = all prices must be advertised in $AU including GST!!!

BUY THEM - and tell US what they are like - DO IT NOW!!

The GHL locks they sell shit on solex locks!
Scotty G
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:07 am    Post subject: Re: American Auto Parts Reply with quote

they cant be lovells, they are too cheap. or if there making bugger all on profit! lovells are up therer with konis but.
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 6:30 am    Post subject: Re: American Auto Parts Reply with quote

In what way? I bought my solexs' with security in mind. I couldn't give a fuck about looks, as long as my locks can't be picked at, im happy!

Yeah and i saved about $30 too.
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 11:40 am    Post subject: Re: American Auto Parts Reply with quote

Oh well yeah - there's no difference in that regard, both work the same and have the same style key - both offer deadlocking options etc - but for anyone who cares about looks the chrome bezzle looks heaps better than that of the solex locks.

Just my 2c - no need to agree!!
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:40 pm    Post subject: Re: American Auto Parts Reply with quote

Yeah thats what I was on about, i agree with your 2c.
Les
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2002 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: American Auto Parts Reply with quote

American Auto Parts is Rare Spares Homebush and Rare Spares Beverly Hills you will not have any trouble dealing with them
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 1:39 am    Post subject: Re: Parts & Prices Reply with quote

Their add in the current Street Machine has "lovells springs from $115pr".
Some places sell parts at low margins, relying on dollar turnover. Sell it for less than everyone else, sell more of it. Don't get me wrong, competition is good in most cases, but consider this. A big company comes into town and undercuts everyone else. Drives the little blokes, and sometimes bigger blokes, out of town or out of business. Pretty soon with no opposition, prices start to rise. And there aint a damn thing you can do about it.
Price isn't the only thing to consider when buying your parts. Does the person selling you the item for your car REALLY give a damn about you or your car!

I'm Yonnee, and I don't just know what it is and where it goes, but I know how and why, and I can help you make yours "the best dressed car in town!" LOL Surprised)

I'll get off my horse now........
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: Parts & Prices Reply with quote

Cheers - and Yonnee - some of us really appreciate it. Keep up the good work. Exactly that has happened to us where I live - super-cheap-crap-auto's has opened up - no cunt in the shop knows shit about anything if they can even be fucked serving you, as a result autobarn has fucked off, another parts supplier has split - luckily I have one other parts suplier in autopro just around the corner - but I wonder how long they'll be around for. The service there aint great except for a couple of guys that have started to look after me. Even though Autopro is dearer I will go there BEFORE I ever go to super-crap-auto. Blokes like me with limited knowledge need blokes like you to help us out -so while I'm at it - thanks for the help you've given me here at hotgem.

Cheers
Dave
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2002 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks Dave. Reply with quote

Anytime mate.
Funny, One thing we were told by our head office before the auto place you mentioned opened in Vic recently, was not to bother giving them "special" names, our customers would do that for us. lol Pity the autObarn went though.

If you're ever down at Phillip Island, drop in and see me. You've gotta go through Cranbourne to get there anyway.

Was it you who had a problem with the Solex/GHL boot lock?

Yonnee.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: