HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Owwie, my wallet hurts.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 10:27 pm    Post subject: Owwie, my wallet hurts. Reply with quote

Well today was a fun day, picked up a G200, only get as far as taking the head off so I don't know what the bottom end is like, but the prev. owner thinks it has a broken ring.

I'll be pulling it apart tomorrow, also picked myself up an early model big valve head, it has been nicely rebuilt and just de-dagged in the ports. All it needs it one little nick on the mounting face cleaned up and a close and line-bore of the cam tunnel, oh, and a set of valves... but with early model heads becoming a bit thin on the ground I was glad to stumble across this one.

Also picked up some bits for the rebuild, new main and valve stem seals. I should know what the bottom end needs by tomorrow arvo (hopefully just a hone and a set of rings, but probably bearings too).
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2002 10:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Owwie, my wallet hurts. Reply with quote

same here
i have to rebuild my 1800 now and it hhas already been rebuilt once
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: Owwie, my wallet hurts. Reply with quote

Damn man, how much did all that set ya back? I wanna rebuild my engine, and everytime i get some money together, i just need to put more money into my car just to get it going again. I bought a set of webers, that need dyno tuning, so i can't even put them in just yet. and still tryin to decide what else i can get with the $700 i have left from the sellin of my wheels. Got any ideas? it's a very tight budget i know, but i am dieing for some performance outta my car, it's a shit heap at the moment.
Phil
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 2:40 am    Post subject: Re: Owwie, my wallet hurts. Reply with quote

I know watcha mean! Spent probably $1k on my 2L so far and it's not even in the bloody car yet!!
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2002 4:40 am    Post subject: Re: Owwie, my wallet hurts. Reply with quote

I know the "wallet hurting feeling" well. Anyway, if you don't mind me asking, how much was the G200? Im still looking around for one myself, damn they are rare.

Sam
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: