HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

VT indicators

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 1:46 am    Post subject: VT indicators Reply with quote

i see a lot of cars with VT indicators in the galleries, can one of u guys tell me if it was much work? like did they just go in or did u have to make some custom plates and weld them inside the guard for them to clip into?
also how much are they to buy?

thanks
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 1:57 am    Post subject: Re: VT indicators Reply with quote

Pete, the VT repeater lights slide into a specifically shaped hole in the guard.
Three options; 1) dodgy, cut the hole in your guard and glue them in!! lol 2) trace the shape of the hole from a car (VP to current), transfer it to your panel and file away, or 3) fill the existing hole in your panel, cut a four inch square section from previous said car, mark and cut where you want the hole in your guard and weld it in.
As far as cost, from memory they are about $20-30 each plus globes. Can confirm tomorrow.

Yonnee.
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: VT indicators Reply with quote

thanks mate. im thinking option 2... maybe option 3 depending on my schedule.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 2:08 am    Post subject: Re: VT indicators Reply with quote

Bit more work in the last one, but you can put them where you like instead of where GM-H wanted! lol

Yonnee.
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: VT indicators Reply with quote

yeah i was thinking where they are on the vt's, just to be different
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: VT indicators Reply with quote

You can also get coloured globes and/or covers for them too. Depending on the colour of your car, they will either flash Clear, Red, Blue, Green or Amber (the colour the ADR says they're supposed to).

Yonnee.
Robbo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: VT indicators Reply with quote

not all indicator holes will be the same from vp thru to current . im not sure howmany different shapes/sizes there are but the vr had square vs had oval.. im not too sure about other models though
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: VT indicators Reply with quote

dude, you missed out!!!! gempwr sold me some new aftermarket guards with vt indicators for $20!!!!!!
talk to him for what they originally cost.
have fun.
rob.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2002 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Actually Robbo... Reply with quote

Actually Robbo they ARE the same! The shape of the repeater lights is different, (VP-VS ser.1 had rectangular, VS ser.2 & VT ser.1had amber oval lights and VT ser.2 on had the clear ovals) but the hole in the guard is the same!

Holden obsessive, (some say it's unhealthy),

Yonnee.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 12:25 am    Post subject: Re: VT indicators Reply with quote

FOR 2 WHOLE GARDES??????? fuck thats good as!!!!! rust?????
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: VT indicators Reply with quote

DONT!!! i just lost $75 and 1 point for having coloured ones!!!!!!1
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2002 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: VT indicators...Gene Reply with quote

PICKY BASTARDS aren't they!! Seeing as though it's wasn't an ADR to have side repeater lights on cars of this age I would have thought it more constructive to rid the road of those rusted-out shitboxes that don't have working brakes (let alone brake lights), than to pick on a neatly modified car with a different coloured light bulb!!
Sorry for your loss.

My 2c!

Yonnee.
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2002 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: VT indicators Reply with quote

not a fucking spec!!!!! they were brand new after market jobs....fit really good too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: