HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

what u reckon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2002 5:12 pm    Post subject: what u reckon Reply with quote

Got a sun roof and the clowns who had it before the guy i bought it off siliconed up the sun roof.
He doesnt know why coz hes an idiot.
I was thinking the only reason someone would do that is to stop leaks.
Anyways, I wanna get it working again so i was thinking how to go about doing it...i went to a crash repair place and they said get a whole new roof...he can piss off.
There is some rust around the sunroof under the silicone but i was thinking...ill just get a handy knife and cut around the gaps where it would open.
???
Jones
rob_w
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 12:14 am    Post subject: Re: what u reckon Reply with quote

if ya want leaks, go right ahead..lol.
we{me and family) had a te diesel with a sunroof, and it didn't leak, till the chassis twisted......umm, get rid of the rust, and go to someone who knows what they're talking bout, they should just do the rubbers, and no more leakage.
or you could just have a roof window.....
have fun.
rob.
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: what u reckon Reply with quote

I reckon, go for it - who cares if you wreck your seats/carpet/console/interior everytime it fuckin rains????? - so long as you have a leaky, rusty, silicone shit covered sunroof then COOL! IT SOUNDS FUCKED - smash it and throw it away - smack yourself upside the head for buying it in the first place and get back to annoying everyone here at hotgem - Of course - No Onions??!!!!! Lol.
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 1:40 am    Post subject: Re: what u reckon Reply with quote

haha nah im over annoying u all.
just a passing phase...
ive learned my lesson Sad
but definately NO ONIONS!
Jones
Momo
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 1:48 am    Post subject: Re: what u reckon Reply with quote

Ok so did you have a go at fixing it 2day or not? I reckon sunroofs are the biggest pain in the arse unless they are the kind that I can open right up, stick my fat ugly head out of and yell abuse from! But then that's what perfectly good windahs are 4. My 2c - as Yonautobarnnee would say!

Besides a sunroof would just let more sun into and onto my Recaro leathers Sad
HONES
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: what u reckon Reply with quote

Nah man i didnt get around to it coz i was too lazy and it was too friggen hot...

But seriously mr bywaters says to me that if i fuck it up....theres always silicone to do it back up.
see what happens tomorrow maybe
haha
fken cars!!!
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 11:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Handy tip #247 Reply with quote

Might I suggest, for the join between the sunroof rubber and the roof, using windscreen sealer. It's non-hardening so it won't crack when the roof flexes. Surprised)

Yonnee.
mana
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Handy tip #247 Reply with quote

repco has a super adhesive called sicaflex that will joint anything but urathane is the obvious best choice
GasGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Handy tip #247 Reply with quote

that suff rocks as you say it will stick ANYTHING to ANYTHING, it's flexable will not crack and you can paint straight over, great for poof's that like body kits,

Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: