HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

4sale weber etc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 12:58 pm    Post subject: 4sale weber etc Reply with quote

I have a bunch of stuff I don't need anymore, you can come and get it (adelaide) or I can freight it (at your expense of course)

manifold to suit 45dcoe on gem 1600 - $120
weber 45mm sidedraught to suit - $350
front calipers set - $20
front + rear springs, may be uprated - $30 set
gabriel and monroe gas shocks - $50 set ( got billies now)
gem dizzy (includes leads+ coil) $60

all prices ono
personal shoppers get a beer thrown in for nix!
reply here if interested
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: 4sale weber etc Reply with quote

I'll take the Webbers man, how good are they? be honest please, Does it come with the manifold and linkages?? I need something that is ready to bolt on to my gem .i'm from Melb Vic.
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: 4sale weber etc Reply with quote

forgot also got TRS 4 point harnesses for sale, good condition, blue, cost $189 new, sell for $120 (each)

Pervert, manifold is in excellent condition, Weber has been rebuilt recently. if you post some specs on your engine, I will try to work out jets sizes etc for you
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 4sale weber more Reply with quote

forgot also got TRS 4 point harnesses for sale, good condition, blue, cost $189 new, sell for $120 (each)

Pervert, manifold is in excellent condition, Weber has been rebuilt recently. if you post some specs on your engine, I will try to work out jets sizes etc for you. no linkages ( don't need for single carb, just throttle cable) but throttle cable bracket is on manifold
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: 4sale weber more Reply with quote

ps if your engine is not heavily modded, then you will probably get MORE power from single carb, and use less fuel
Pervert
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 6:44 pm    Post subject: Re: 4sale weber more Reply with quote

My engine is just a standard 1600, not worked nothing, i'm just lookin for something to give me more power til i get some more money to work the engine. So if you think that the single webber will give me more power and run use less fuel, then it would be great, but the price is still a little high for a single webber and manifold. so if we can work something out, that'll be great.
thanx mate,
pervert
gemwrk
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: 4sale weber etc Reply with quote

Do the harnesses meet the Australian standards?
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 4sale weber more Reply with quote

not even an exhaust,extractors, k+n filter etc? which head, big valve (tx/tc etc) or later (te/tf/tg)

if your engine is not worked don't go twins, as you will have less power + use more fuel. there is too much flow area in twins, the air will go too slow and the fuel will drop out of suspension, not burning efficiently. they are good for bragging rights, but I would rather brag less and see them off at the lights!!!
check your email
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: 4sale weber etc Reply with quote

no harnesses meet the Australian standards for seatbelts, as the stds require self retracting etc etc. that is not to say that the harnesses are not safe! in fact they meet FAI standards and are much safer than your regular seatbelts, however the australian stds are not about safety, but are about compliance with the rules.

therefore you cannot use harnesses alone in a car on a public road unless you have a dispensation from the relevant RTA etc.

ways to get around it:
1. wear your regular seatbelts in the car as well as harnesses, so you are wearing the "legally approved" seatbelt
2. rally rego - allows you to do all sorts of mods to your car which would otherwise be illegal ie big engines, full roll cages etc. this requires an inspection of the car by RTA etc and you are only supposed to drive the car to, from
and during events, repairs or publicity. if you keep a camera in the car you can always say you are going to take publicity photos.
3. hope you don't get pulled over, or that you can convince the cop that they are ok

I currently have rally rego, since mine is a competition car, but I don't drive it more than about once or twice a month.
Twisted_torque
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: 4sale weber more Reply with quote

I am putting twin delortos on a 2L with a crow cam.. that should be fine shouldn't it?
stevo_dmc
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2002 9:27 pm    Post subject: SOLD Reply with quote

Hey i'll take the springs
call me 0421124258 asap
and i'll pick em up 2nite i am in adelaide 2!!!
Mike
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: 4sale weber more Reply with quote

depends on: size of carbs, how well you are going to tune them ( rememeber twice as much work with twins, twice the parts, trouble with balancing them etc). also depends on the cam, and what other work you have done. I wouldn't go for twins unless I had:
big exhaust, extractors, air filter, porting, big valves, fairly extreme cam, increased CR, sufficient work to rest of engine to allow high revving ( ie 8000ish rpm) and then gearbox/diff to use narrow high power band (5000-8000). (not to mnetion other work, shocks brakes etc.

twins will ultimately give you more power, but only at high revs, down low it will be a slug plus heaps of trouble tuning them. that is not to say you can't run twins with what you have, but it won't give you max power, or drivability.
in summary:
full on race car = twins
fast road car = single weber
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2002 3:41 pm    Post subject: Re: SOLD Reply with quote

sorry mike, I didn't read until too late, I will try you tonight around 6ish.
cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: