HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Panel beaters

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nathan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 4:35 pm    Post subject: Panel beaters Reply with quote

any1 no how much they would charge for a damaged back end, re-gap all the panels and take out rust here and there
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2002 4:28 am    Post subject: Re: Panel beaters Reply with quote

dunno, depends on how badly damaged it actually is. If the metal is 'Stretched' then you will need the whole pannel cut out and a new cutout welded into its place.
Recently i have has someone run into the back of my TG, and a friend of my dad's has quoted about $350 for - damaged panel cut out & removed - new one cut out of a wreck TG that i have - welding - smothed back - ready for primer. that includes tools used and labour plus no paint (i'll do that bit).
so anyway there is a rough idea for you.

Sam
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: Panel beaters Reply with quote

realisically - how long is a piece of string? mate it depends on too many factors. get some quotes.
Badger
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Panel beaters Reply with quote

if you go to a big panel beater that does lots of insurance work, they will charge like a wounded bull. I got quoted $1500-2000 to fix two 10 cm holes in the floor (simply cut out, weld in new metal section, clean up). A little place up the road said they would do it for about $250, so ask around
V6GEMBOY
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2003 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Panel beaters Reply with quote

find an apprentace panel beater that knows what he's doin (me) he'll charge you for the price of parts and mayb 200 bucks labour if you pay him cash happens all the time apprentaces lookin for a bit of cash money on tha side
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: