HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

FS: Custom Aluminium Gemini 2L Head Gasket

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotgem1
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 1:19 pm    Post subject: FS: Custom Aluminium Gemini 2L Head Gasket Reply with quote

Hey guys,

I have a custom made aluminium head gasket for a 2L Isuzu engine. Was originally made for my twin cam but the block is the same as the SOHC. Made to original gasket thickness.
Perfect for those of you with upped compression or better still buckets of boost!!! Has never been used.
$140 ono

hotgem@optushome.com.au
0414 947 274
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: FS: Custom Aluminium Gemini 2L Head Gasket Reply with quote

what sort of twincam was it originally made for?

and are you sure the gaskets are the same on the twincams and sohc's?

i was told they are different but if they aren't it makes life a whole lot easier for me. if it will fit my g180w then i am definatly interested
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 7:47 pm    Post subject: Re: FS: Custom Aluminium Gemini 2L Head Gasket Reply with quote

i'm interested, which state do you live in?
hotgem1
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 3:42 am    Post subject: Re: FS: Custom Aluminium Gemini 2L Head Gasket Reply with quote

In Melbourne guys.... i'll check on if it is the same as the SOHC and/ or the G180W and will post tomorrow. I was under the impression they are the same though.

Mat
EVLJT
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 10:30 am    Post subject: Re: FS: Custom Aluminium Gemini 2L Head Gasket Reply with quote

I have a twin cam and I am looking for a head gasket that will hold the boost I am running, I am interested, which state to you live in Matt ?
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 8:41 pm    Post subject: Re: FS: Custom Aluminium Gemini 2L Head Gasket Reply with quote

Whats the difference between an alluminium gasket and copper gasket??
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 3:06 am    Post subject: Re: FS: Custom Aluminium Gemini 2L Head Gasket Reply with quote

from the engine builders i have spoken to in adelaide lately ( as in this week) they dont recommend copper gaskets. 2 of the 3 are big name builders too. I have heard 1st hand of hydraulic lock ups due to leaks. One on dad's mate Tommy's 650rw hp FJ20 180B
hotgem1
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2002 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: FS: Custom Aluminium Gemini 2L Head Gasket Reply with quote

Ok guys, i did some checking, the 2L DOHC head gasket is different to the 2L SOHC but is the same as the 1.8L DOHC with just a different bore size. The bore size on this particular gasket is 88mm.
In answer ot the other questions:
- I am in Melbourne
- The difference btw copper and aluminium? One is copper and one is aluminium? One is Cu and one is Al? The other thing i heard was that copper gaskets can in some instances promote electrolysis btw the cast block and the alloy head causing corrosion unless they are pulled down regularly... makes sense i guess?
- It would suit someone who has an o-ringed block especially
- I can organise to have it sent if you wanted to pay for it

Thanks

Mat
email me please so i don't have to keep replying here:
hotgem1@optushome.com.au
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: