HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Cold Air Intake

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cuz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 11:47 pm    Post subject: Cold Air Intake Reply with quote

Hey DUUUUDES!!
I got a 1.6 with extractors and a 2.25 inch exhaust. My filter cover has had the neck cut off it, and i'm thinking of running a cold air intake and putting a K&N in there. Where should i run the cold air from? What should I use? How should I connect it? How much power increase will it give? (If any)

Thanks, Jus
Shark
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Cold Air Intake Reply with quote

Meets/Cruises/Events? Anyway, I have seen a modified air cleaner using a 1984 Honda intake duct positioned just behind the right headlight of a TD Gemini. I wouldn't expect any huge noticible power increase to come out of a modification like this though.

Sam
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2002 6:14 am    Post subject: Re: Cold Air Intake Reply with quote

I have cold air on my TX, i went to the wreckers and picked up some old air-con ducting for next to nothing - still not exactly sure what it's off but it's almost perfect for my set-up. I ran 1 piece (i have 3 lengths for routing) from the end of the snorkel on the air cleaner cover - sealed with duct tape (good wide shit). Then the other off it (also sealed with duct tape) heading toward behind the battery, then the last peice wich is very short but shaped to suit my application into the hole behind the grille behind the battery. I had a horn in front the opening but simply removed it as i already have one on the opposite side (drivers side). This opening was perfect to squeeze the ducting into and i fiddled with the battery to help hold the ducting into place once i get closer to 100-120kph.
It doesn't budge, is sealed to prevent warm air getting in, and cost maybe $6-$7 at most - not bad for a extra few horsepower... It's really only noticeble on a nice cool night or once you start hitting 60 k/ph. But hey, every little bit helps in the traffic light drag wars. : )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: