HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Melbourne cruise - 9/10th March?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 12:25 pm    Post subject: Melbourne cruise - 9/10th March? Reply with quote

I am attempting to have my engine rebuilt by the end of this month, and allowing a few weeks for running around and troubleshooting I should be fine about 9/10th March at the earliest.

What are peoples thoughts on this date?

The venue? Wherever there are the most Geminis, I am not really fussed if it is down Frankston way, or wherever. Just bear in mind I might freeze with fear at taking a drive down Mountain Highway...

Cheers Smile
mana
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: Melbourne cruise - 9/10th March? Reply with quote

hi
if you get the chance ,have a look at "msn outlaw racing" at please join. the idea is to get people to race their cars in secrect locations for $50 with the chance to win $500. I think that you could be just one of the guys neede to make this thing reallywork.
***MANA***
gemie chick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 7:58 pm    Post subject: MELB CRUISE 10th MARCH Reply with quote

Well Benjamin, Saturdays are pretty much out for me and Greg, so the Sunday it'll have to be Smile We're gonna stay off Mountain Hwy, cos if it happens to rain again, well, lets just say we don't want that to happen again Sad
I'd say we could meet at 1pm, and I'm just sorting out some stuff with where we're goin 2 so I'll let everyone know the meeting place this week sometime Smile
Tell all the gem owners you know cos we'd like a bigger turn out than last time!!

Everyone post here if u think u might come along
Deb
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 1:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Melbourne cruise - 9/10th March? Reply with quote

You idiot. The idea is flawed and dangerous. Noone in their right mind would participate in such a ridiculous event.

We don't need that kind of sh!t making it worse for everyone else. All these events serve to do is raise the awareness of the constabulary to illegal behaviour.

Unfortunately the constabulary can't tell the difference between a you (illegal dragracer moron) and me (genuine enthusiast who will get a CAMS licence and go racing legally), which in turn puts the heat on everyone.

Fuqoff with that sh!t, we don't need it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: