HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

new site $$$$$

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mana
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 8:38 pm    Post subject: new site $$$$$ Reply with quote

I have made a new site at"http://communities.ninemsn.com.au/outlaw racing"
This site is trying to promote street racing in melboure's hill country.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
The idea is to race at a secret location at night against the clock and against allcomers to win the cash$$
A small entry fee will be neede to enter -this fee will make up the pot for the winnings$$$
RUNNING will be held at night to avoid the blue lights and the locatoin will be kept secret until the night of the race.
EG: 10 CARS ENTER =$50each ---=pot of $500 for the winner!!!
GET PAID TO HAVE FUN =WIN AND SPEND IT ON YOUR CAR TO ENSURE TO WIN AT THE NEXT MEET!!!!$500...

I would like as much help as possible so feel free to offer advice or help!!!!!
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: new site $$$$$ Reply with quote

im sorry mate but it wont last. do you know the organisers will be held responsible for any fatalities. and there will be fatalities i assure u. racing in an undisclosed track?? how do you intend to practice your lines etc, let alone know what gear/speed to go through corners. unless your talking about straight line/quarter mile shit in which case disregard everything i just said. but by the way u said against the clock and in the hill countri i figure you mean circut racing.
diesel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:56 am    Post subject: Re: new site $$$$$ Reply with quote

sounds like you need alot of help mate! why dont you go and join a car club and go racing properly. its alot more safe and you will find out what fun and racing is all about, i certainly hope your not serious about your idea, it sure sounds like a joke to me.
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 12:32 pm    Post subject: Re: new site $$$$$ Reply with quote

This guys sounds like he's stuck in a Street Rod II/Fast and the Furious dreamworld.

Yeah, do what Diesel said - go get yourself a CAMS licence and a helmet and do some genuine circuit sprints or at least cut your teeth in some hillclimbs.

It's one thing to pedal a car fast in a straight line, it's another thing to be able to pedal it fast around corners, but it's a whole different ballgame when you're surrounded by like-minded people all vying for the same corner in different kinds of machines.

Turkey.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 6:19 pm    Post subject: Re: new site $$$$$ Reply with quote

how gay, as if ppl are gonna risk there lives and license for $500 HAHaHA
it will never happen! how old are u?? cos i think u need to grow up
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 1:18 am    Post subject: Re: new site $$$$$ Reply with quote

WELL,
For the past 4year friends and I have been meeting usually at the gates of maroondah dam and we race over the black spur mountain range.One car leaves and drives to the other end and announces the road conditions back to the start by mobile phone he's also is alook out for any traffic that may come so that the road is clear of any other cars from end to end .The fist car leaves by the clock and is timed via mobile till he reaches the end. Once the first car has finished the second car starts, and so on. Who ever gets the best time wins.At all times the racing car must have a mobile on board so we can cancel if there is any danger.
Most of us have ralling driving experience and have also marshalled for rally of melbourne.Its all in the name of fun, for some of our other outings "narbethong state forest" we run the same type of race but I write pace notes .Its a bonus that the speed limit threw the black spur is 100k but you could not possibly take the corners anywhere near that ,i know ,I have the record so far ,set in by cousins wrx and that didn't even like it.
thanks
Mana
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 3:35 am    Post subject: Re: new site $$$$$ Reply with quote

Or maybe the $500 could go towards your funeral costs!
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 5:48 pm    Post subject: Re: new site $$$$$ Reply with quote

your a hero mate......

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 11:00 pm    Post subject: Re: new site $$$$$ Reply with quote

well if you have been involved in rallies then you should know better! how hard would it be to get permission from police to hold events if they found out what you were doing? if its all in the name of fun, try organising a sprint day using the same piece of road, the local authorities would rather that im sure
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: