HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TX radiator & brakes & timing chain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gold TX Sleeper
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 5:14 am    Post subject: TX radiator & brakes & timing chain Reply with quote

anyone know off-hand whether any of the diesel or larger capacity gemini's came with a larger radiator or brake rotors & calipers that are a straight or minimal fuss bolt in for the TX 4 Door ?? Also, i know about the typical Gemini timing chain bein a weak link but what about in the G200 ? As that is what i have, & dont know how hard it can rev safely & reliably B4 destruction. All help is appreciated...
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: TX radiator & brakes & timing chain Reply with quote

Can answer part of the question, DBA's disc rotor catalogue list one sized rotor for Gemini rear wheel drive, period.
They do however list both a slotted rotor as well as a slotted and cross drilled option available for same. I've heard of early 3 series BMW rotors and calipers being fitted (same stud pattern), but not sure how much mucking around with bolting the caliper up.
Dont think the radiators were much different either. One option I put on my first coupe, I found a TA Torana radiator was almost identical in size to the Gemini's, but the core was almost as wide as the bolt holes. Even the outlets were on the same side although I got a radiator place to change the bottom one from a right angle that went straight into the Gem's chassis rail, to a straight one. Whole lot cost me less than $50 at the time.
diesel

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: TX radiator & brakes & timing chain Reply with quote

there is a big brake conversion available using commodore calipers but they only fit under 14" rims and you require an engineers cetificate if you want to run them on the street.
smee
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2002 5:56 pm    Post subject: Re: TX radiator & brakes & timing chain Reply with quote

Early honda accord vented discs are supposed to be as close to a bolt up option as you can get. The stud pattern and offset are the same. You may need to do a little fidling with the caliper, but it is not much. I have seen it done, but did not take much notice of it at the time......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: