HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Qld Gemini C C

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 4:33 pm    Post subject: Qld Gemini C C Reply with quote

OK can someone PLEASE tell me if this club is still in existence. I spoke with Mel yesty and she has no idea. She heard that it folded after she left and then she says that they organised a cruise (the one on Saturday to the GC). She hasnt yet returned my call as arranged.

All we wanna know is if it is officially NON EXISTENT!
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2002 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Qld Gemini C C Reply with quote

sorry can't tell u either.....but the cruise on this saturday night has been organised by the isuzu motorsports club.
linty
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 12:28 am    Post subject: Re: Qld Gemini C C Reply with quote

do u mean last sat or the 9th ???
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 1:51 am    Post subject: Re: Qld Gemini C C Reply with quote

No there was a few gettin together down the coast LAST Saturday coz tezgem was in town.

I am already going on theone THIS Saturday with Isuzu.
greg j
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Qld Gemini C C Reply with quote

yep this saturday, the 9th of february 2002. meeting at 8pm at maccas. Then probably 9pm - ish (rough idea), at logan hyperdome, big W carpark (at the back). then on towards southport......i'm excited, should be ssshhhhwwwweeet. come along.
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Qld Gemini C C Reply with quote

bastards Wink I miss my gem Sad
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 1:38 am    Post subject: Re: Qld Gemini C C Reply with quote

What happened to it Michael ? You not long ago had it all finished. What the hell happened ?
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 3:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Qld Gemini C C Reply with quote

It's nice and safe in the garage at home. I'm 13000miles away in the US for 3 wks until mid Feb Sad
thanks for asking tho'!
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2002 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Qld Gemini C C Reply with quote

Ohhhhhhhh man thank god for that !

Shoulda asked me to babysit it Wink I woulda taken real good care of it :Þ
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2002 2:18 am    Post subject: QGCC answer Reply with quote

The club is still technically in existence but is no longer active or incorporated due to a general lack of enthusiastic active members. Spoke to chris in some depth today and we'd both love to see it get up and going again but I think what we lack is grass roots support, we need to have every nice gemmy on the road with a sticker in the back window and at least 20 cars to every cruise if not 40 cars... there are hundreds of thousands of geminis out there after all... so what do you people want?
SikGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2002 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: QGCC answer Reply with quote

All current members in the Isuzu Motorsports Club would really like all you Queensland Gemini Club members to join us. We have been incorporated for about 3 years and are still going strong. Each year we get more and more members. It seems (from my personal point of view) that all you guys want out of a club is Show & Go-fast cars. Our club is not about who's car is better than who's. Its about getting together and helping each other out if we have problems with our Gems and having regular events to participate in. Everyone has loads of fun, so everyone's happy. I think that one huge club is better than several small ones. Also, we are not just based on the Sunshine Coast as most of you probably think. Like some of you saw on the weekend, we have cruises down to the Gold Coast as well. We have members living further than Ipswich! So really, Brisbane isn't that far Smile
Gemini Bitch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2002 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: QGCC answer Reply with quote

Ta Adam. Mel still hasnt got back to me with contact details for Chris. Do you still have mine ? Can you pass them to him for me please. IF you haven't leave a post here. My puta is dead as and I can't access anything on it. Can't even remember what my p/w or email was for here so had to create a new loggin grrrrrr.

SikGem point taken but I do feel that a car club for 'Gemini's' specifically is about more than go fast and show and shines.
SikGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2002 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: QGCC answer Reply with quote

Hope you didn't take offense to what I said Gemini Bitch. I was simply inviting Gemini enthusiasts to our club who have paid non-refundable money to be in an unincorporated club which has failed. And to include a lot more people with similar interests, we allow all two-wheel drive Isuzu vehicles in our club, not just Gemini's. You'll find that most genuine Gemini lovers will still have some kind of interest in other makes and models of Isuzu's as there are number of similarities between them (just ask Dave Carey, classic example!)
Scotty G
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 9:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Qld Gemini C C Reply with quote

the gccq folded cause nobody could be bothered to do any thing, although i heard talk from some people they were trying to get it started again which would be good if they were!
Gemini Bitch

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2002 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: QGCC answer Reply with quote

No offense taken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: