HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Which engine.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2002 9:09 pm    Post subject: Which engine. Reply with quote

Presently, I'm the proud owner of a stocko standard 1600 1983 TG gem gem. I do of course have big plans for this car eg. lower it, stiffen the suspension, work the engine (or replace it). What I particularly want to know is if, in the near future, I want to be getting more grunt out of it (specifically with a new engine), and with perhaps the option to extract further ponies out of it at a later date (as the wallet permits), which way I should go. I know a popular method is the Rodeo engine for its ease of fit and setup. For around $3000-$4000, does anyone have any good ideas or suggestions as to what I should do. Ideally, I would be looking at something that has a relative amount of go yet that could continue to be worked on as time goes by. Anyone with experience would be most helpful.
matey_mate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2002 3:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Which engine. Reply with quote

put in a turbo'ed rodeo engine... should give it a bit more power Smile
zzz
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2002 3:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Which engine. Reply with quote

i am curently doing a engine swap from a 84 tg g161 to the
4cz1 1.8 injected turbo piazza motor and the motor gear box
and elec loom cost me $1700 and it bolts straight in
i sourced the motor from japanese motor sport in perth
and that price inc shiping to bris
Hamal
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 2:53 am    Post subject: Re: Which engine. Reply with quote

Care to share the phone number and/or webpage for Japanese Motor Sport?
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2002 5:41 am    Post subject: www.google.com Reply with quote

www.japanesemotorsports.com.au
Will

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 4:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Which engine. Reply with quote

What sort of power will the piazza give you, in terms of kilowatts.
Hamal
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2002 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Which engine. Reply with quote

4ZC1-T 1.994 liter SOHC FI Turbocharged, 140 HP in US, 145-150 HP in Australia and Europe, 180 HP in Japan

150 HP = 111.85 KW
180 HP = 134.22 KW
Will

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2002 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Which engine. Reply with quote

150HP, not bad.

What sort of $$$$ are you looking to spend to get that much HP though (rough estimate for everything including all other necessary mods.).
Gemini Driving Yobbo
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 11:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Which engine. Reply with quote

Yeah thats good
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2002 12:36 am    Post subject: Re: Which engine. Reply with quote

I too am constantly looking at different options for engines. The one in this latest Gem is a reco only 2 years old so I have a little more thrashing and redlining to do in it yet.

I have been asking a few people about the VG30DET as opposed to a Com V6 3.8 which is legal. But there is too much front end work to be done.

A Scat V4 sourced from the sprint car scene is another option. This fits well with Chev components as well. Not sure if that wil be legal though but I can't see why not.

Other than that the only other decent options I have found so far is the CA18DE or Piazza (too pricey) or the Rodeo (again too pricey).
homofan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2002 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Which engine. Reply with quote

$5000 dollars, Asian Imports, Slacks Creek.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: