HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

OK ADLELAIDE PEOPLE!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 4:40 am    Post subject: OK ADLELAIDE PEOPLE!!!! Reply with quote

Ok Adelaide people, if you're coming on the cruise post here. this way i know roughly how many are coming so i can give no.s to the crown. Also if you've given out flyers how many?

Lets see if we can have a good turn out!
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 1:28 pm    Post subject: BreadVan will ride Reply with quote

Moochorama,

The Breader will be there, plus my girlfriend will probably be coming too. If not, I'll find somebody to come along!

So count me down for 2 spots - the car won't be eating with us.

Oh, and my mate Ross is coming with his girl as well, so put him down for two spots. Will be good to see a DOHC there.

I've been pretty unlucky with pamphlets - I've come across a few pretty boring stockers in the Johnnies car park where I park. I dare say they're owned by ladies 30-50 with no kids and no disposable income.

The two best Geminis I'd seen I couldn't get to because of traffic.

Until last night, when I was crossing Grenfell Street and saw this mint TG go past with huge mags and the numberplate RPM-GEM.

I was on foot (in a shirt, tie and Doc boots) and legged it off down Grenfell Street. Then I took a short cut through the park there on the corner of Pultenay Street and managed to catch him, as he was stopped at the lights for Rundle Street.

I gave him the pamphlet and all I can say is that I hope he'll be there! While I'm not a big fan of the type of mags he had on it, the car was a pearler, so you can't complain about that.

Cheers for organising the Crown - should be a good turnout.

Dave
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: BreadVan will ride Reply with quote

Glad I'm not the only stark raving lunatic who has run across traffic/through parks/over 15 foot retaining walls in order to say "Hi" to a fellow gemini knutter.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: OK ADLELAIDE PEOPLE!!!! Reply with quote

i will be there, along with Matt Bywaters, and another gemini.
me and matt have also invited 3 other gems which we have seen while driving around...

im not sure how many flyers matt has handed out, im sure he will post a message on here soon...

see u all on sunday...
kev
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 5:41 pm    Post subject: Re: OK ADLELAIDE PEOPLE!!!! Reply with quote

also...
as far as i know there will be 2 ppl in each gem, maybe 1 or 2 more in those other gems we invited, thats if they come, afterall we didnt get to give them the flyers, so i hope they remember...
one of them said his mate has a beasty 2L EFI Turbo donk in his van and should be participating in the cruise as well, so that will be very interesting if he shows...

kev

p.s. i will be bringing the digital camera so we can get some nice happy snaps for this website...
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: OK ADLELAIDE PEOPLE!!!! Reply with quote

ok, first of all i guess i should say i'll be there with my gem and more than likely girlfriend.... so thats 2 for the crown, i think my car should stay outside to give the breadvan some company!
secondly, i have given out 12 flyers to various people/cars, have SMS'd a guy about it, because i was browsing the trader and it sounded really nice, he replyed and said he should be able to make it, aswell as that, i have spoken to about 3 people, lets just hope they remember... all up i'd say i've invited about 16 cars... hopefully they all show... that would be mad! (but how are we going to fit 25 cars in a photo?) i guess there will have to be individual/small group photos taken!
speaking of photos, kev's bringing a digital camera, and i'm bringing my non-digital camera along with 2 rolls of film in my back pocket....
the crown should put on extra people to cope with our order of food! haha
anyway, to get an approx number i think u should go on an approx number of 2 people per car, that'll be alright, some people might bring more people, but others might not show at all, so it'll even itself out...
i hope we have a good turnout, it'd be nice for a change, the last decent turnout i think was the pannelvan cruise, but that was ages ago....
well, thats my 2cents, i will see you all on sunday morning!

Matt.

P.S. Cheers for organising the crown for us all...
and one more thing... i'll be going to marion on thursday night to see if i can find anymore worthy gems, (a purple TE in particual)...
cheers....
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 2:21 am    Post subject: Re: OK ADLELAIDE PEOPLE!!!! Reply with quote

just a quick update, kev just informed me that he has just invited another 2 cars along to the cruise, a TG and a TD...
just thought i'd let u all know....
cheers

Matt
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 2:45 am    Post subject: Re: OK ADLELAIDE PEOPLE!!!! Reply with quote

well i'm coming but i wont be staying at the crown so dont book for me i'm off with a couple of friend body boarding probably
i have inveted the guys from the servo near town so there could be an extra 3 cars
mabey

Andrew
Steph
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: OK ADLELAIDE PEOPLE!!!! Reply with quote

Hey Guys, im matt bywaters girlfriend... i when out last night to the movies at TTP and invited to other gemi's along.... one of which is definitely gonna be there (a nice green one) and the other one im not sure (yellow, lowered with stockys... looks good) .... just left a note on his car.... Sounds like there may be a big turn out... good to hear.... seeya's all sunday

Steph
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 1:37 pm    Post subject: Re: OK ADLELAIDE PEOPLE!!!! Reply with quote

This is gonna be sick!
Gemi_King
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 2:49 am    Post subject: Re: OK ADLELAIDE PEOPLE!!!! Reply with quote

I will be there on the friday night in the burnout competition. Smile
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2002 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: OK ADLELAIDE PEOPLE!!!! Reply with quote

it is indeed!!!! lookin forward to it! pity its so far away! a whole day and a half!

anyway, i ivited another 2 gems along! haha yes always inviting, shit that reminds me i have to go and invite a shmick TX that i know....
anyway, the two were a relatively stock TE sedan, and a MAD blue TG sedan with BIG chrome mags and two top women! haha
anyway, lets just hope that all the cars we invited show up! then the crown will be getting a call to say 50 - 60 people instead of 20 - 25!

well, off to woodcroft woolies to deliver yet another invite....

cya's all sunday!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Meets/Cruises/Events All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: