HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TUFF GEMINI WGN
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 9:43 pm    Post subject: TUFF GEMINI WGN Reply with quote

Here guys found some better pics of that tuff wagon from the summer nats

http://www.fullboost.com.au/events/gallery/summernats02/nats02_25b.jpg

http://www.fullboost.com.au/events/gallery/summernats02/nats02_26b.jpg

http://www.fullboost.com.au/events/gallery/summernats02/nats02_27b.jpg
CuGem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 11:34 pm    Post subject: Re: TUFF GEMINI WGN Reply with quote

http://www.fullboost.com.au/events/gallery/summernats02/nats02_30b.jpg pretty good too!
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: TUFF GEMINI WGN Reply with quote

My GOD that wagon is insane.

Now if that car doesn't ahve what it takes to be a Street Machine feature car, or even a cover car, then I'll eat my hat.

Fortunately, I don't own any hats. But if I did, I'd eat it.

It's madness - that car can never be driven again - it's simply a piece of automotive art (something I've never been fond of - cars should be driven, even if it's just weekends only) but that one - mate, take it to a museum and train a monkey to keep it polished 24/7!
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: TUFF GEMINI WGN Reply with quote

to bad its a strictly trayler car!! i be it never gets driven!! why build it if u cant drive it, is my saying! wast of fuckin money if u anint gonna cruze it!! where the satisfaction when some one say mine would beat that and the owner say as if it would but he cant proove it cos he dont even touch the tar mack with it. build it to drive it not juct show it.
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 12:37 am    Post subject: Re: TUFF GEMINI WGN Reply with quote

That's it Gene. Built for show and not go.

I reckon cars should either be built for GO, or GO and SHOW, but never for just for SHOW.

That being said, it looks amazing and is clearly the cleanest Gemini wagon this side of the equator.

The little TD next to it looks good too - QIK48U!!

How's that Hiace pulling a mad burnout??!?! Looks like a loaf of bread that's on fire!!!
joseph
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 12:38 am    Post subject: Re: TUFF GEMINI WGN Reply with quote

thats not even a gemi to many mods for my liking
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 1:50 am    Post subject: Re: TUFF GEMINI WGN Reply with quote

I picked up an 'Opel Scene' magazine while I was in germany in 1999... and judging by the Kadetts in that (absolutely immaculate with hi-po V6 transplants etc etc)... that is the cleanest gemini fullstop, exclamation mark, exclamation mark.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 2:38 am    Post subject: Re: TUFF GEMINI WGN Reply with quote

r u on drugs joseph? who says it won't be driven, once it's shown what else is he gonna do with it. Unless it becomes what is known here in sa as a "carofano car.
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: TUFF GEMINI WGN Reply with quote

If he drove it then there's know way he would've got a Top 10 finish at Summernats, which he did. Kind of a good compensation I think. Some people like getting trophy's ya know.
For example, look at drag cars. Sure you can have a bloody quick street car that still gets street driven but if you want to get serious you have to take it off the street and dedicate it to drags. Same goes for show cars.
Anyway, I happen to know that after a year or two of doing the show scene, Drago is going to start cruising it and putting it in the driving events at shows.
IDAREU2
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: TUFF WAGON Reply with quote

FUKIN HELL pick pick pick you cunts amaze me have some gratitude for the bloke... I built my car for the show scene 1 year later I stared hammering it on the streets,

and dave My car now has been waiting in STREET MACHINE office to go in there magazine for 6 to 7 months My photo shoot was bfor that peice of shit lc torana and it made it in there b4 mine and to add insault to wound front fukin cover now lets see if the almighty gemini makes front cover
or weather there is a biast torana lover that picks the covers I counted 17 torana street machine covers out of my collection so fingers crossed everybody that the humble gemini makes the cover for the first time ever..

cheers

for you guys that dont know my car visit
http://www.geocities.com/pro350gemini
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: TUFF WAGON Reply with quote

Leroy,

I don't know what their problems is there at Street Machine. I spoke the editor - he invited me to meet him as he was going to be in Adelaide. I did, and he seemed like a decent bloke - not what I was expecting though. He's very quiet.

Anyway, he seemed to appreciate my writing and said that he'd send me along whenever the next SA car gets a story written about it.

Well fuck me dead if the LC wasn't an SA car. But I didn't hear from him. Not a fuckin peep, and it's not that hard to send me an email is it?

Worse still, when it became apparent that he wasn't going to send me along to any jobs, I decided to take matters into my own hands. I suggest I write an article on the Birdwood Classic, obviously focussing on heavy Aussie and US metal, and ignoring anything else.

I did the article and took heaps of pics. I sent it off to him, but didn't hear a thing. Not a fucking thing. All he needed to do was send me an email: "Sorry, we're not using the article", then press SEND. Fucking easy, right?

I'm doing an article tonite for SMASA's Distributer magazine on Gary Watsons three (yep THREE) XR GTs. That should be fun.
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2002 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: TUFF WAGON Reply with quote

Hey I've got lots of gratitude for Drago, I was just replying to Gene. I fully appreciate the effort that he put into that car, and have no probs with him doing show only for now. Hell it's his bloody car.
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 6:36 pm    Post subject: Re: TUFF GEMINI WGN Reply with quote

Let me put you straight Gene and Dave the car gets driven ... Michael
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 12:10 am    Post subject: Re: TUFF GEMINI WGN Reply with quote

with the oil filter painted like that?!!?!? hahaha i doubt it very much
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 3:26 am    Post subject: Re: TUFF GEMINI WGN Reply with quote

It sounds to me you might e a little cut there Gene ....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: