HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Article in Herals-Sun Cars Guide >> Dave

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 12:32 pm    Post subject: Article in Herals-Sun Cars Guide >> Dave Reply with quote

I just read a very interesting article in the Herald-Sun Cars Guide of last Friday. Don't know if anyone here has read it but you should, and you should also stay tuned for next weeks edition for a follow up.

The article goes into depth straight away, covering the story of how the Commodore began. The article pretty much covers the rear end of all Commodores and their shortcomings which can and do make Commodores a fun and dangerous.

An interesting point covered was the origins of the early Commodore and late Torana diffs, I am assuming closely related to the rear end of Geminis. The article makes me want to go out and source an LSD rear and slip the guts into my Gem rear end.

Joe Kenwright writes some interesting stuff, and this article is one of the many which cover the reasons so many young people wipe themselves out in crashes.

Keep yourselves straight, learn from example, never stop learning.

Cheers Smile
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Article in Herals-Sun Cars Guide >> Dave Reply with quote

Cheers bro - sounds like the sort of stuff I'd be interested in.

Hopefully the article is on line, otherwise some kind person might get asked to mail it to me the old-fashioned way!

Cheers!
LoneWolf_
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 6:13 am    Post subject: Re: Article in Herals-Sun Cars Guide >> Dave Reply with quote

I was told by a Gemmi guru here, that the 10 bolt Gemmi diff and the VK diff are the same. He reckons that you can get shortened VK axles and run a Commodore stud pattern on the rear, and also that the stub axles are interchangable with VK, enabling 5 stud front wheels.

Will find out more....
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Article in Herals-Sun Cars Guide >> Dave Reply with quote

Yes, yes please!
Does that mean a disc brake VK rear (if one exists) with shortened axles and discs will work?

That would be nice, being able to put 5 stud commodore discs all round.

Sweeeet (here's hoping Smile
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 1:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Article in Herals-Sun Cars Guide >> Dave Reply with quote

Hey Ben,

How hard would it be for you to scan that article? I couldn't seem to find it on the Herald-Sun website. In fact, I couldn't find any automotive info on their site. Shit, although I could be mistaken.

If you can't scan it, but don't mind posting it to me, then email me and I'll give you my address.

If you can't be fucked doing either, then I'll live without it.

Cheers,

Dave
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Article in Herals-Sun Cars Guide >> Dave Reply with quote

No worries, Dave Smile

I will scan the article this arvo and shoot it up to you. Any format preferred, png, gif, pdf?
Woz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 1:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Article in Herals-Sun Cars Guide >> Dave Reply with quote

send a copy this way if you can too - gif if possible Smile

-woz

redwoz@optusnet.com.au
Aaron
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 2:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Article in Herals-Sun Cars Guide >> Dave Reply with quote

Sorry about this but i wouldn;t mind the read either.

aaron_sealy@hotmail.com
FrAsErTaG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Article in Herals-Sun Cars Guide >> Dave Reply with quote

me either
Frasertag@hotmail.com
cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: