HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

webers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 4:46 pm    Post subject: webers Reply with quote

ok here we go
i'm considering getting a weber ina month or two i want to know what the best one to get i want it to be cheap.
what i would have to do to get it on

i was also wondering if you putt a weber on and but a reasonably good air rillter for it would having a bonnet scoop help prefomance since the air would be colder and are scoops aloud in SA.
Turbo TG

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: webers Reply with quote

If you just want a cheep one then get something like a 32/36 DGV, should be able to pick one up for about $50. Just need an adaptor plate which will cost around $30 from redline and a piece of metal to make up an accelerator cable bracket.
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: webers Reply with quote

Rear-facing bonnet scoops are legal, but forward-facing scoops must have an open area of less then Xcm2 - not sure how much - you'd better ring Regency.

However, I'd warn you that if your car isn't smick, then you'll look like a tool with a bonnet scoop. Dungers with bonnet scoops look shit and attract the wrong (ie blue) attention.

The power increase would be neglibible as well - in a car with a low state of tune and no EFI at least.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: webers Reply with quote

although the effects are negligable uf u want cooler air run a length of piping through to behind the grille...you get cold and very slightlly pressurised air...

my zzt actually comes stock with this setup
GROOV3
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 7:01 pm    Post subject: Re: webers Reply with quote

with this pipe idea it can be done with a standard air filter yeah
would you just put it over the end and use a hose clamp
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 7:48 pm    Post subject: Re: webers Reply with quote

I will have to agree with Dave here I for one HATE bonnet scoops, I think I have only ever seen 2 in my life that look half decent. As for the power gain, well lets seen now, I think you should see about ZERO. If a V8 supercar can make over 600 HP without them I sure you should have no problem making that huge 90 HP you will have.... Michael
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 7:58 pm    Post subject: Re: webers Reply with quote

oh come on it would be at least 91hp!
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: webers Reply with quote

Ok you got me their Smile and maybe even 92 HP with a fresh set of plugs Smile ... Michael
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: webers Reply with quote

spark plugs - $20
new oil - $25
oil filter - $18
steering wheel cover - $33

seeing your newly hotted up gemini put out 34kilowatts on the summernats dyno....

priceless
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: webers Reply with quote

ROFL, god standard gemi engines are gutless
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: webers Reply with quote

well yes but they are at least 18 years old... up to 26 years so you can't expect too much... gemini engines stopped being made the year i was born so...
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 2:09 pm    Post subject: Re: webers Reply with quote

Oh I know, just sayin, but look at excels and cielos's, there gutless (50kw or so for the cielo) and there NEW. Suddenly the gem engine aint lookin so bad Smile
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 2:09 am    Post subject: Re: webers Reply with quote

all we have to do now is get a company to make heads for them because soon there will be none left
Wazza
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 3:40 pm    Post subject: Re: webers Reply with quote

hey,
here's what i was told, i dont know if these are teh best ones, but they are sure to be cheap, the ones off of the 2L cortinas are what your after, and also while your there swipe the accelortaor cable off of one of these aswell, then you dont need to worry about making up a bracket to hook the gemini cable up...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: