HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Gemini Parts wanted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TXGEMY
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 8:55 pm    Post subject: Gemini Parts wanted Reply with quote

Sorry for another post people but just want it to stay near the top for a while. I'm after 4 reasonably rust free doors, a bonnet, guards and lower sills on either side. The bonnet, guards and sill are not as important as the doors though. I'd also like a tacho dash to fit my TX!! Anything else you have, please tell me. I'm in Sydney but if you're asking a good price, we'll work something out! Smile
Keith
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini Parts wanted Reply with quote

Try Gemini Wreckers at Windsor. ph 4577 4620
TXGEMY
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini Parts wanted Reply with quote

Windsor, sheeeeeet!! Anyone close? Very Happy
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: Gemini Parts wanted Reply with quote

its worth the trip (from anywhere in sydney)

he has pretty much anything you could want (although TX style tacho dashboards are quite rare)

and he's helpful, its worth the trip just for the advice he can give you... mr jones knows his gemini's, cause he wrecks them

(probably why he called the business gemini wreckers)
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 1:12 am    Post subject: Re: Gemini Parts wanted Reply with quote

PS.

come and buy my TX gemini, you'll need a trailor cause the engines buggered but the panels aren't bad. could do with a coat of paint.

i;ll throw in a brand new dent free bonnet and two extra guards if you come and get it soon i wanna get rid of it

its got rego too if thats any use to you

southern sydney

asking around $400

1600/4spd/slerims/newrubber/niceinterior/prettygoodpanels/typical gemini body rust but none on the boot or floor which is a good thing... oh and it dosn't leak... spent weeks fixing that up
TXGEMY
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: Gemini Parts wanted Reply with quote

Thanks man but i don't want to spend that much. What is a good price to pay for some doors? I've been quote $50 each at Pick 'N Pay Less, $100 (or if i buy 4, $75 each! whoa) from Big Johns in Campbelltown. I'm going to Pick 'N Pay Less tomorrow to have a look around. What would you fellas pay for a door?

Regarding the tacho dash, i don't care what it came from or anything. I just want a tacho! Smile
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: Gemini Parts wanted Reply with quote

Martin just told you $400 for the whole car and your talking about $200 - $300 for 4 doors ?? and you still havent got your bonnet, sills etc ... your not making sence..... Michael
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 1:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini Parts wanted Reply with quote

like i said the panels are good and the doors too, probly need a bit of paint but cause they are green and somewhat faded, might find some surface rust here and there. the sooner you come and buy it, the less surfacde rust! Smile

i would try and get more out of you for it cause its worth more but i just wanna get rid of it... its been sitting too long and its better if someone finds some use for it before it rusts away and is compeltely useless.
TXGEMY
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini Parts wanted Reply with quote

I didn't think of it that way.

Martin, where abouts are you man? I might come look at it today! Get back to me asap!!
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 2:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini Parts wanted Reply with quote

call me on 0418 242 148 and we'll figure something out

if you want to come look at it it might have to be saturday cause im home all dsay

working today and tomorrow all day so it might not be the best time then ay!
TXGEMY
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini Parts wanted Reply with quote

No worries thanks man. Sounds like it's a goer to me. Will call you during the next few days and work something out man!! Smile
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini Parts wanted Reply with quote

excellent i am glad the green machine will be heading off to greener pastures... even if that means having it ripped apart limb for limb (door for door) and attached to another gem...

gotta stop getting all sentimental
talk to you soon ay
TXGEMY
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2002 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini Parts wanted Reply with quote

hehe...I'm actually thinking of dropping the driveline from my gemy into it! Any chance you could get some photos of it?
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini Parts wanted Reply with quote

i used to have them

its not in excellent condition body wise but there is nothing mechanically wrong with any parts bar the engine.

thats why you are getting it cheap Smile (and cause its got rego etc etc)
TXGEMY
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2002 3:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Gemini Parts wanted Reply with quote

How good are the panels? How much rust? How much rego? Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: