HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Help Me PLZ

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemfreak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 1:43 pm    Post subject: Help Me PLZ Reply with quote

Hi all,
i recently done up a Tx head, and after fitting all new gaskets and bolting it all back together the engine would start, but only run on 2 cylinders. ive checked everything humanly possible and this is really confusing me. if anyone can help, that would be great.
FURIAS
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 5:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Me PLZ Reply with quote

have u got twin webbers
Turbo_Gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Me PLZ Reply with quote

r ur spark plug leads hooked up correctly? in good nic? pull leads off individually until u find out which 1`s r missfiring. process of elimination..
Gemfreak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 11:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Me PLZ Reply with quote

nope, its stock, and all the plugs are new and the leads work fine. it is confusing the shit out of me!
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 1:43 am    Post subject: Re: Help Me PLZ Reply with quote

In that case, you can rule out fuel/air as possible causes... check the spark to the two 'dud' cylinders, grab the handy compression tester and check that too...
Gemfreak

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Me PLZ Reply with quote

I checked the spark and compression and all seems to be right but it still aint goin well.
?????????????????????????????????
RJM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 3:04 am    Post subject: Re: Help Me PLZ Reply with quote

Have you checked the dizzy cap for cracks etc.
Which cylinders are not firing correctly?

If its the stock manifold and two cylinders work ok then that more or less rules out the fuel / intake system.
Starts to point towards ignition.

Personally I would start by putting a timing light on each lead (inorder) while it is idling to see if it is firing evenly on each cylinder.
Racegem
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2002 7:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Help Me PLZ Reply with quote

"Running on two cylinders"?.... shouldn't run!
If you've checked that each plug actually fires (holding the plug, still in the lead, touching the rocker cover and get someone to crank the motor over) check the firing order is correct on the dissy cap. If that checks out OK, then It could be a problem between cylinders, either a crack in the head or block (unusual for block) or head gasket not sealing when you put it together. Compression test should tell you.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: