HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Adelaide Cruise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 4:07 pm    Post subject: Adelaide Cruise Reply with quote

Todd
im happy with that, gives me plenty of time to prepare the gem.
u didnt mention of where we are cruising, does this mean u agree with matt about the cruise through the hills to victor??
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 4:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Adelaide Cruise DAVE??? Reply with quote

Dave,
will u be cruising as well??
i didnt see any replies from u regarding this cruise
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 5:19 pm    Post subject: How about this...? Reply with quote

How about a cruise to the National Motor Museum at Birdwood?

There is currently a display on there called Monaro Mania, which includes a HK, a HQ, the last coupe (the HX Monaro LE) and the original VT prototype that wowed the audiences in Sydney back in 1997.

I'm not sure if the Livin' in the Seventies display is still running, but if it is, there is a 1975 Gemini SL coupe included in the display (in perfect condition, albeit with a stainless steel strip on the front edge of the bonnet - only supplied on TC Gemini Sandpipers and TD Gemini SL, SL/E and SL/X).

The whole museum is pretty good though, and if anyone hasn't been for a few years (or ever) it's well worth a look - the largest single collection of vehicles in the Southern Hemisphere!!! Cool...

But if the call is still for Victor, then that's OK. I went with Matt Bywaters and crew a couple of months ago and we enjoyed a nice counter meal at the Crown Hotel.

Just let me know what date it's on.
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 5:28 pm    Post subject: Re: How about this...? Reply with quote

I checked the old post and found the date being considered.

Sunday 27 Jan (day before Australia Day)

Victoria Drive, Adelaide

10:30am for an 11:00am start...

All in favour say 'aye'.

Do you want me to do some flyers or something? We don't necessarily have to have just HotGemini people in attendance. We could indeed have a few more. No dickheads though.

"Warning. If you are a dickhead, do not come on this cruise"

That'll sort 'em out.
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: We're Back Reply with quote

Well it looks like these adelaide gems are gonna hit the street finally! "Aye" for the date and the time. Victoria Drive sounds good too.

Better get the Gem tuned b4 then hey!

Dave i will give u a call in the next few days if u want and we can get together and organise a few details and do some fliers. Lets see if we can have a cruise without defects, dickheads and as many cars finishing as started.

Cheers
Adam

PS: If u are interested anyone in adelaide, and you aren't a dickhead as dave said, then leave a reply here.
tremini
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 12:52 pm    Post subject: yeh! Reply with quote

yeh te tremini will be there. Tremini.
MR_GEMI
hod rodder

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: How about this...? Reply with quote

yeah get some flyers going round, the more ppl we can cet the better...

i am hoping for the victor cruise, but i wouldnt mind going to the motor museum either as i havent been there in ages...

if the cruise to victor goes ahead, how does another meet at Marion carpark sound for those of us who live down south??

cheers
kev
petrol head

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: yeh! Reply with quote

yeah i might come for the drive down but might go over to midlton to do some body boarding
i dont own any thing special so i dosen't matter
Poizon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: yeh! Reply with quote

well, I'll be in attendance, but depends where we go now.....

Birdwood isn't very far you know.. and I do that drive daily anyway...

yesterday I went to tailem and this weekend look like I'm goin to meningie again...

Victor would be a nice place to go (only coz I've been there like 1ce in my life), plus then we might even be able to find a beach and talk the girls into wearin their bathers and goin for a swim hehehe (manic laughter)

I wonder if Sean will be in attendance???!!!???

Leroy, now would be a good time for you to say you are comin too

well, sounds like it's all good, and people OTHER than hotgem sounds good... just as long as the flyers don't hit letterboxes of the local pigs!!!!

Meantime, I'll get on the fone to Gerard and have a word with him, he should be able to clear our passage. I'll also have a UHF in my car, so if I turn off... FOLLOW ME Smile lol for some fantastic fun hot barbeque action!!!!! hehehe

Todd
Poizon
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2002 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: How about this...? Reply with quote

Kev: That sounds like a good idea.

although I will be meeting at vic drive I live 1/2 way between city & marion (right on the highway) and YES I have had 3 cop cars follow me, go round the u turn with me change lanes when I change and then piss off when I pull into the drive!

Todd
Tooleeda
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 5:47 am    Post subject: Do it properly. Reply with quote

If youre worried about the cops, just get a list of names and number plates of the people on the cruise, and just notify the coppers of when and where. It'll keep the dickheads out and the cops wont look at you twice.
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2002 8:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Do it properly. Reply with quote

i don' know about that, adelaide cops a total wankers!
but anyway... besides the point, i'll be there...
dave it'll be good to catch up again...
well, see you all there....

matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: