HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

bigger radiator

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rotahead

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 1:32 pm    Post subject: bigger radiator Reply with quote

I need to put a bigger radiator in my tf gemini anyone know of a bigger bolt in. your help would be greatly appreciated. also if anyone has nice wheels to sell in brisbane and racing seats ill buy em tom.
SikGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: bigger radiator Reply with quote

RA40 Celica radiator will do the trick! Will bolt straight in, hose fittings on correct sides, no modifications needed Smile
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: bigger radiator Reply with quote

How much bigger than a Gem radiator is an RA40 Celica?
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: bigger radiator Reply with quote

A Gemini Diesel radiator bolts straight into the stocky Gemini mounts, although I think at least one of the hoses has to be moved from one side to the other.

However, it does bolt straight into the holes and its about 7cm wider and a couple higher than stock, although it still fits OK under the bonnet, obviously. See your stocky Gemini radiator and how it finishes and has a massive flange to reach over to the bolt holes? Diesel radiators just go all the way across.

Heaps easier (cheaper) than cutting down a Commodore or Torana cooler, and can be re-done as a 3-core for even greater cooling. Although SIKGEM's RA40 proposal could be just as useful.
SikGem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: bigger radiator Reply with quote

RA40 Celica radiators are full length with the cores going right to the edge, near where it bolts in. If you want to get rid of the engine fan use 2 x Mazda 626 A/C thermo fans as these will fit in front of the radiator. I have used this set up on my TG and it works great!
Woz
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: bigger radiator Reply with quote

ill agree with the 626 thermo's... i havent put mine in yet but its the nicest, most compact one ive found...
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: bigger radiator Reply with quote

Is it a copper and bress rad, or aluminium ??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: