HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

WANTED WEBBER

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GRMLIN
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2002 10:57 pm    Post subject: WANTED WEBBER Reply with quote

i need a weber for my 1800 if any one has one please let me know. as well can someone help me in telling me how can i make my car quicker without serious mods to the engine.
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2002 2:41 am    Post subject: Re: WANTED WEBBER Reply with quote

30/70 cam & extractors
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2002 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: WANTED WEBBER Reply with quote

i think it has a cam in it and i have a set of extractors but what is a 30/70 cam
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2002 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: WANTED WEBBER Reply with quote

its a wild cam
GRMLIN
rice boy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2002 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: WANTED WEBBER Reply with quote

how much are they worth or does anybody have one
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: WANTED WEBBER Reply with quote

you can get a regrind 4 about $90 also it might depend on how big you want to go.
25/65 is a bit up on standard
30/70 up on standard and noticable at idle
35/75 gem series race cam(pretty wild)
40/80 start fly cutting pistons(throw ya nikki in the bin)
44/84 whoa nelly!!!!!
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 12:18 am    Post subject: Re: WANTED WEBBER Reply with quote

what would you use and what else would i have to do if i was to put in a 30/70 and how much i am in sydney
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: WANTED WEBBER Reply with quote

B4 you jump in and buy one,shop around 4 prices.
if its an 1800 in stock form then a 30/70 will do the trick nicely.
If you think it already has a cam them pull it out and have a look at the firewall end of the cam.If it has numbers stamped on it then it is "lumpy" to some extent and a speed shop should b able to tell you what grind it is
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: WANTED WEBBER Reply with quote

how much are they just off the top of your head. what have you got in your car what mods
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: WANTED WEBBER Reply with quote

it is a 1600 with slight over bore with a 30/70 regrind cam,extractors and standard carb,no headwork at all.
the regrind of that size should b around $90
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 12:19 pm    Post subject: Re: WANTED WEBBER Reply with quote

where do i get those from and how much should i bore my head out. it is a 1800 head.
LOK15
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: WANTED WEBBER Reply with quote

in brisvegas you have,
Ivan tighe camshafts,
Camshaft technologies
you should just go to an engineering workshop or spare parts shop and get prices.
As 4 your motor,just run it as is with cam and gather as much info on what you can do b4 u do anything

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: WANTED WEBBER Reply with quote

you can get webers off about xf(square rust bucket ones) ford 4.1. as far as ive researched (not 100% on that) also you should go to www.giant.net.au/users/wight/index.htm i put this place in my favourites as it shows in detail how to put a weber in place of the old niki carb and how to port your inlet manifold for it (dead easy).
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: