HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

RTS --(paul clausen)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2000 5:28 am    Post subject: RTS --(paul clausen) Reply with quote

I'd like to know if any of you people know (for certain) if there are any other differences in the suspension of a TX and a TD other than springs, shocks, and having swaybars? Any geometry differences?
I'm wondering if a TX can be easily made to handle as good as RTS car with bolt on parts, or there are other major differences as there are with the big holdens?
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2000 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: RTS --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

I know at very least the lower A-arm is different, which suggests different geometry, which then suggests that holden's claims of different geometry may have been try.

The last two are just implied, but I know the lower arms are different as fact.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2000 9:54 pm    Post subject: Re: RTS --(Mark) Reply with quote

I guarantee lower arms are different. I run a tx rally car, and they have a straight up and down spring, which allows for more camber adjustments when the vehicle is raised for extra ground clearance. The rts arm the spring curves back into the body, which often means too much camber when lowered, resulting in having to turn the upper ball joint to straighten it. Which is better? who knows. Non rts cars dont have a rear swaybar, and have tiny front swaybars.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2000 2:43 am    Post subject: Re: RTS --(paul clausen) Reply with quote

cool
I might mention that I do know for a fact that TX's came with no swaybars at all, even though they had mounting points for them.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2000 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: RTS --(paul clausen) Reply with quote

had mounts for a front one, that is

not a rear
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2000 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: RTS --(Ashley) Reply with quote

I put 2 sway bars on the front of my TC, that stiffens them up heaps, then I got a rear sway bar off a wreck. I havent mounted it yet, but you just have to weld a couple of brackets onto the diff.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2000 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: RTS --(tooleeda) Reply with quote

There are subtle suspension differences between even the '75 TX's and the rest of the TX series. Lower control arm, and stub axel assembly are different definately. Dont know about TX-TD differences though. Put a TE swaybar on a '75 with stock every thing else and it improved markedly. (the back wheel no longer came off the ground in a tight corner hehehe)
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2000 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: RTS --(Slug) Reply with quote

Since no one realy answered the question I will The differance between early and late (RTS) is -0/5 deg camber and + 2deg castor

Regards
Slug
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: