HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

chat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xlr8
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 11:47 pm    Post subject: chat Reply with quote

how about real time chat so you can see who is on and their message is displayed instantly
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 1:02 am    Post subject: Re: chat Reply with quote

Yeah.
LoneWolf_
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2001 6:55 am    Post subject: Re: chat Reply with quote

What about setting up an IRC channel on oz.org? Easy to do, I have my own channel, and am a member of many others....

Just a thought.....
Turbo_Gem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: chat Reply with quote

word up g.. chat would b sweeeeeeeet. gene & serbpride could trade blows in real time!!
LoneWolf_
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: chat Reply with quote

Okay. I have taken it upon myself (although I will hand over the reins willingly to Joe or anyone else he nominates) of setting up an IRC channel on austnet called #hotgemini.com

The way you get there (for people that have never used IRC before) is quite simple. Download mIRC or an equivalent, open it up and configure it with your nickname and such. Then connect to the austnet server. Once you are connected, type /join #hotgemini.com , and you'll join the channel. Once in there, you'll see "CHANOP". That is a bot provided by austnet so that other users cannot come in and take over the channel, and also provides "op" status to chosen people (which will be everyone). Now, you'll see a skinny message window down the bottom of the screen, just type what you want to say in that, and it'll appear in the chat screen so everyone can see it. Once you are in the chatroom, you will catch on pretty easily.

Easy eh? See you in there.....

(PS) If anyone thinks this is a bad idea, feel free to let me know, and I'll discontinue the channel. Or similarly, if something like this has already been setup, again let me know and I'll discontinue it)

Cheers

LoneWolf
LoneWolf_
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2002 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: chat Reply with quote

Oooops! Forgive my ignorance, but there is already an established Gemini channel on the oz.org network. It's called #gemini and has at least one member from here on board. Use the same directions as above, except join the oz.org server, and type /j #gemini.

See you there Smile

(P.S. I will remove the other channel on austnet)
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 12:23 am    Post subject: Re: chat Reply with quote

yeah i run #gemini on oz.org and plz come on in
joe
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: chat Reply with quote

so many people have asked about this and I've thought long and hard over it. In short I think it's a great idea but I would prefer that people use the forum, as anything that they discuss is saved for others to see. If people want to get in contact with each other they can via email or IRC. Of course if you want to set up you own gemini chat feel free
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Web Site All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: