HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

new head gasket
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nail
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2001 3:43 am    Post subject: new head gasket Reply with quote

does a how does a taugh rench attach to the allen keys or are there special socket things to put on it
Tooleeda
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2001 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: new head gasket Reply with quote

You need a 10mm socket and a 10mm allen key that you cut with a grinder. Or you can go to an auto shop and by the complete tool for about 20 bucks.
nail
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2001 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: new head gasket Reply with quote

too true, thanks
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2001 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: new head gasket Reply with quote

My head bolt tool cost $11
tx_shitbox_thrasher
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2001 2:12 am    Post subject: Re: new head gasket Reply with quote

dont forget the torque wrench
nail
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 2:32 am    Post subject: Re: new head gasket Reply with quote

yea i got that sussed, some one should add "replacing head gaskets" in the tips section coz ive neva done one before, ive havnt even been beyond the tappet cover, if any1 knows of a text file that can help me can they plz send it nail@paradise.net.nz, that would help alot
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: new head gasket Reply with quote

hey nails in the old furom there is a whole post dedicated to that head gasket rthing
look for post from mel and about yhead gasket
nail
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 2:54 am    Post subject: Re: new head gasket Reply with quote

ok thanks
nail
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 2:57 am    Post subject: Re: new head gasket Reply with quote

and i heard somewhere that because i blew my head gasket from over heating the engine im going to have to get my head plained as well, is this true and how much does it cost in the NZ$
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: new head gasket Reply with quote

hmm well it cost me $40 aus so ineckn bout the same
nail he email m,e on gemini_v6@optusnet.com.au
nail
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 3:24 am    Post subject: Re: new head gasket Reply with quote

in oz how rare are wagons, thats what im doing up, sum c*nt took it appart for a destruction derby, i stoped him and bought it off him for $10 with no lights, bumpers, a stuffed radator, blowen head gasket, no windows or window seals, i managed to get every thing, including a gasket set appart from the side window seals for about $140 from some ones sl/x saloon, i think, cant remember, nway the slx or whatever had a 5 speed box in it,
i was just wondering if that will fit in the wagon and how good the wagons actually are so i can decide wether to do it up or not
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: new head gasket Reply with quote

well everything fits the wagon CEPT for the side windowa and rear windows. but yeah is i a four or a two seater??
the vans have stiffer ring springs and more coils on them tyooo
nail
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 3:29 am    Post subject: Re: new head gasket Reply with quote

four but im thinking of building it to a two seater
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 3:44 am    Post subject: Re: new head gasket Reply with quote

yeah sweet i had a two seater and im spewing me bro took it
but yeah have fum with it hey
nail
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2001 3:48 am    Post subject: Re: new head gasket Reply with quote

i will, it need alot of work to get it on the road, im hoping before march, im gona do everything to it before i get it on the road coz otherwize it wont get done
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: