HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Penrith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rawhide

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2001 7:36 pm    Post subject: Penrith Reply with quote

Anyone abouts in the Penrith area? (that's a bloody big area though Smile

I'm looking to start off a project Gem to better understand cars from a mechanical and modding point of view. I figured the Gem was just about the best car for a budding DIY-guy.

I'm not starting right this instant, but it's something I'm thinking of doing. Rather than buy an expensive car that I'll keep for maybe 1 or 2 years tops, I'll pour a bit of dough into a do-up and learn a few things while I'm at it.

So if you're in the Penrith region and into, or have done up, Gems, I'd like to start building a little contact list for myself. In particular I'm after recommended wreckers and mechnic type places for Gem parts and services.

If I do go ahead with anything I'll be documenting it extensively, on my own site and it'll make a nice addition to hotgemini I guess Smile

Anyway, look forward to hearing from anyone, just post on here and I'll be watching for replies. Cyas!
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 3:27 am    Post subject: Re: Penrith Reply with quote

You best get hold of Keith from the NSW gemini car club, He is in your area and is a nice bloke as well :-)his contact details are under the clubs section I think ... Michael
rawhide

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Penrith Reply with quote

Thanks Slug.
JFK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Penrith Reply with quote

me and pete r into gemis were both cmack bang in the middle of penrith too and if ur after parts my mate gets gemis in for me for his wrecking yard so parts is a easy
JFK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2001 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Penrith Reply with quote

or yeh i know a few panel beaters who would repair it cheap and im a mechanic and have played with heeps of gemi motors
rawhide

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2001 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: Penrith Reply with quote

Sounds good Smile

I'll probably be in contact then somehow if I decide to go ahead.
JFK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2001 1:56 am    Post subject: Re: Penrith Reply with quote

go to panthers maccas and ask for pete with the gold gemi he works there and hell be in contact with me i might have a shell if u want too
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2001 12:42 am    Post subject: Re: Penrith Reply with quote

Nah boss, i got fired!!... Theft : )
But i have a box full of parts to start you off if you keen,
a brand new carbie, new head, exhaust and inlet manifolds, all sorts of funky shit! thare yours if you want em. Just post a msg and ill reply.
JFK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2001 9:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Penrith Reply with quote

hey pete im after that stuff for my new gemi come look at it im bringing it home tommorrow
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2001 12:17 am    Post subject: Re: Penrith Reply with quote

Ill cruz by about 5 ish and bring that stuff with me.
JFK
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2001 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: Penrith Reply with quote

yeh ill be leavin to go get it then what did maccas catch u wiff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: