HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

electrics problem?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEM2NV
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 2:02 pm    Post subject: electrics problem? Reply with quote

hey all.
i noticed when i was driving and it started to get dark one day that if i pressed the brake pedal the dash lights lit up. i got a mate to press the brakes and i went outside to have a look and i noticed that when the brakes were pressed the little front lights under the front bumper came on aswell. Is this normal or is there something wrong with my wiring? i have a td coupe
thanks guys
tx_shitbox_thrasher
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 2:29 pm    Post subject: Re: electrics problem? Reply with quote

someone's probably hooked it up to the parkers
Tooleeda
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 4:51 pm    Post subject: Re: electrics problem? Reply with quote

Has someone by any chance installed an 'eye level' third brake light in your back window? Just a thought that if it was wired incorrectly to the tail lights as well as the brake lights everything would light up as you say when the brakes are applied.

If not theres definately a cross somewhere between the brakelight circuit and the tail/dash light circuit. Check the fuse box for homebrew wiring and any other additional wiring that may have been done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: