HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TG boot measurements.. HELP PLEASE.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEM90D
rice boy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 4:04 pm    Post subject: TG boot measurements.. HELP PLEASE. Reply with quote

Hey everyone,
well its still about 4 weeks til i get my car , ( a TG ) , but im trying to work out a design for my stereo install. The thing thats making it hard is that i dont have any measurements of the boot. ANy TG owners out there able to tell me the mesurements?
length , width , height , depth

all of them
thanks,
really appreciate it.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 11:02 pm    Post subject: Re: TG boot measurements.. HELP PLEASE. Reply with quote

TG boots are quite hard to measure... and aside from that your sub box won't sit flat in the boot anyways cause the boot floor aint flat anyway. The best solution i have found (apart from moulding a boot floor) is a thick layer of sound damping foam which is cut to the shape of the boot, then a piece of flat mdf or similar which you can then sit ontop of that. This will keep the subs flat as well as block out road noise giving you a better sound stage. (not that its gonna make a whole lot of difference if a pair of twleves is getting enough juice!) The weight of the drivers and enclosure should keep the mfd down flat as well as look pretty good too. Keep in mind you will loose boot space, but then if you were worried about that you wouldn't be putting subs in right?
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2001 12:27 am    Post subject: MY BOX MEASUREMENTS Reply with quote

i have a sub box in my bott that measurs 1100mmx660mmx350mm
about 5 cubic feet. its built into the boot, so it dont come out at all its fixed to the car. oh and for boot space well...... i use the back seat hehehe.
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2001 2:02 am    Post subject: Re: MY BOX MEASUREMENTS Reply with quote

i'm geting alot of custom work done , with two 15"s and three amps so of course i am not worried about it sitting flat..
thanks for the help ne ways Smile
TRAV
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2001 2:03 am    Post subject: Re: TG boot measurements.. HELP PLEASE. Reply with quote

easiest way is to make a false floor that can be taken out. get an old pellet wooden type u see on trucks with stuff on them, steal one from somewhere break it down cut a back, middle and front bit place the boards in between so its flat and cover with carpet. if need be farsen it too the floor with some bolts get your sub box then put a screw through the bottom and into the floor then the box cant fall over and ding your panels and nice paint job. Thats how i did it anyway works very well for me.
TRAV
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: MY BOX MEASUREMENTS Reply with quote

what?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: