HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TG body

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 2:17 am    Post subject: TG body Reply with quote

ok i finally found myself a pretty decent tg model gem needs some work but im looking for some help with the best way to cut out the patches of rust and what i should use to bog it etc.
any help would be appreciated and in as much detail as possible. thanxs
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: TG body Reply with quote

Where are the rust spots ? Gemini's are renowned for rusting in the firewall adn the boot floor. I have a TF and I should reall, and I emphasise SHOULD, replace all floor pans, as well as the boot floor. I won't as I am going to do work on the car excelt the body, so then I can have it all transferred over to another body adn all be ready.

From my experience, steel sheets for the floor pans and the boot, and at least 1/3 of your probs are solved.

Rusint around the back adn front window seems to bea common one as well. And the sills, hell lets not go there Smile Bog the rest up. Someone did it to my car before I bought her. I know that if I hit a power pole at 100km the pole will still be standing, the car will be in pieces, for the simple fact it is filled with bog.

Up to you on how much you treasure the car adn how long you intend to keep ot for Flyinlow !

Cheers

Cam
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2001 8:04 pm    Post subject: Re: TG body Reply with quote

yeah well just scored a pretty sick 84 tg slx sedan for nothin its got the usual floor pan rust which im replacing and the boots fucked but the biggest pain in the ass is the left inner gaurd is rusted big time so im looking for the best option to fix the guard im lookin at fibreglassin it then bogin it then sandin it then painting it with bituman paint.

as for everything else its sweet perfect dash doors boot etc its just these rust spots pissin me off.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: