HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TD Coupe --(Aaron)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 6:11 am    Post subject: TD Coupe --(Aaron) Reply with quote

Well it's not that interesting.. but two weeks ago i became the proud owner of a TD coupe.

Cost $900 unregistered with webber, extractors, no rego and a fucked clutch. Costing about $900 to get it on the road. This includes new tires, rego and a new clutch.

It's my first car... and i just love it.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: TD Coupe --(Thomas) Reply with quote

Lucky!!
Thats what i'm looking for but shit they seem to be rare!
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: TD Coupe --(Glenn) Reply with quote

Thomas, this is glenn. I am the guy with TX coupe you spoke to a while ago. i still have the car and have been busy as hell latly with work and have not managed to paint it yet. If you are still interested give me a call on 0407 958 890 and you can have a look tomorow if you want. i know I keep saying this, but the car will be painted this Sunday, weather permitting, but really don;t have the time would sell it as is now it your interested.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2000 3:09 am    Post subject: Re: TD Coupe --(Thomas) Reply with quote

Damn im too late.. but if you don't end up painting it let me know.. I have to think about it because i've checked out the TD and TX's and I can't decide which one is better.. The TX has extractors standard, pre pollution motor.. But it only had 4 speed and didn't have RTS.. The TD had RTS and 5 speed.. I dunno how hard it is to put the RTS components into a TX if its not too hard i'd get a TX
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2000 6:58 am    Post subject: Re: TD Coupe --(Adam Gibson) Reply with quote

It is a darn sight easier to put a pre-pollution motor with aftermarket extractors or a TX sports coupe cast 4-2-1 exhaust into a TD than it is to put RTS suspension bits onto a TX. Also a TD will probably have less ress, less years of thrashing, less UV fading.

Keeping in mind most geminis that hit the market need a fair bit of work so engines/gearboxes/ball-joints/rack-ends/tierod-ends/springs/shocks/swaybars/brake pads/brake shoes/seats/dashboards/paintwork/oil seals/etc are possibly going to be requiring replacement regardless.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2000 8:14 am    Post subject: Re: TD Coupe --(Thomas) Reply with quote

Yeah but then it becomes illegal if you don't meet the emission standards!
But I guess you can make it look original and the cops wont know any better.
old forum
hod rodder

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2000 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: TD Coupe --(Glenn) Reply with quote

I did not get the gemini painted because of the rain and will try again next week. Let us know if you want to have a look.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: