HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

questions bout malpassi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rotorgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 10:53 pm    Post subject: questions bout malpassi Reply with quote

the fuel regulator is it the one that goes in your return line and regulats fuel that way or does it go in the feed line if it goes in the return line would blocking the return off all together work just as well or is this dangerous with a turbo application,

When ben wight reads this sorry about the last name and thanks for all your help and lastly where do you live again i may be interested in a carby not sure what is available up here yet, is there a better way of gettin intouch with you reguarding money and stuff
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 3:00 am    Post subject: Re: questions bout malpassi Reply with quote

My email address is wight@giant.net.au

I have never used a malpassi, but I assume it goes in your return line. Blocking the return line off completely like you suggest will make the pressure reach the pumps maximum output.

I guess you are thinking of using a solenoid to restrict the return line. You could play with this a bit, and still have a small bypass past the solenoid to set maximum pressure, and have it running off a $10 oil pressure swith that switches at 3.5psi. So you can go from a certain base fuel pressure to a set maximum at 3.5psi boost. Much better though to get a rising rate regulator and modify them so that you can use an efi pump on a carb, and get a linear fuel pressure rise relative to boost. ie, 5psi fuel pressure at idle, 8psi at 3psi boost, 11psi fuel pressure at 6psi boost, etc.

I modify standard efi fuel pressure regulators to do just this, but its a couple of hours work.

PS The carby will be cheaper if you dont want a rebuild kit put through it.

Ben Wight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: