HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

auto to manual

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GEM2NV
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 11:53 pm    Post subject: auto to manual Reply with quote

i was just wondering how much it would cost to convert my auto td to manual if i got a professional to do it. i dont have the confidence to attepmt it myself
thanks
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 1:53 am    Post subject: Re: auto to manual Reply with quote

Josh,

You busy this week, I am about to pull my engine and gearbox out, so if you want a 'confidence builder', why don't you come and sit in and lend a hand. I am not in any hurry so any day that suits you... just catch a train from the coast and I can pick you up. Then drop you back to a train that arvo/evening...

Yeah, I know I have been fucking unreliable in the past, but this is something I am going to do anyway.
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 2:01 am    Post subject: Re: auto to manual Reply with quote

Um, ignore this message until I work out how to delete it.
Bajjada
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: auto to manual Reply with quote

I have a TD and did this after blowing my first engine.I changed the engine and gearbox tho.there is a little bit of cutting for the shifter, but thats it.you'll need a drive shaft and pedals off of a manual and they all bolt straight up.
A mechanic told me that theres some sort of brass bush or something in the crankshaft where the gearbox connects that is a different size one the auto, but i dunno cos i did the engine as well as the box.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: