HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

EXTREME HORSEPOWER RESULT!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 7:16 pm    Post subject: EXTREME HORSEPOWER RESULT! Reply with quote

Well this weekend just been was the Adelaide Extreme Horsepower Supershow 3. There were hundreds of superb quality cars in attendance for two days of horsepower action.

Cars such as Gary Myers mustang, Al “bundy” Lucas’s HQ Monaro and Tony Cassar’s 40 Ford were also entered, Dave’s TD Coupe, and Brenton Wakefield’s Sleeka was also there.

The Gemini contingency was well represented with no less than 5 entered as well. 2 wagons, 2 coupes and a sedan drag car built by the Gemispares team. The Gemispares wagon punched out a healthy 150kw at the wheels from it’s G180 injected, intercooled turb machine. This surprised the v8 boys and shut them up too!

I was entered in the wagon/van class and the small car class. I heard a rumour going around that the judges were impressed with the quality of my car but I didn’t get any hopes up. In the van/wagon class there were some tuff competition, especially from a neat blown 48 Anglia van! Turns out I beat him by 6 points!! The small car class was also pretty well represented. In general the quality of all cars was show standard and a few were ex Summernats Top 80 and better.

In the end I ended up taking out top van/wagon and top small car. The cream of the crop for me was also taking a spot in the TOP 30 ELITE Class. This was with cars like Al “bundy” Lucas’s Munro, the ‘Myers muzzy and the grand champion cars like rob evan’s VJ chrysler and the beautiful HR Holden. This award had to show cars with qaulity, cleanliness and top displays as well. So I think I did quite well! Especially when most cars there owe their owners $30,000 plus. The gem owes me barely and I mean barely 15k. Not bad. Shits on an Excel anyway. People had a hard time beleiving that I drive it everyday! Gemipower.

Dad, who was a judge was not permitted to judge my car or any in my classes. This would create a huge riot if otherwise so before any one starts carrying on read the above! We would have done this anyway. I was not told of my point score til after the presentation like any body else and was treated as an entrant like everybody else. This way I know I earned my trophies like all other winners. It feels damn good too. The judges who judged my car later told me that they had judged my car very hard and that I got what I deserved. So that is all there is to that.

I will have photos for you’s asap! Congratulation to Kym and Julie for a top show and everyone else on the extreme team.

That is proof that you don’t need big dollars to play with the big boys. Just skills, tools and PATIENCE…. Lots of the last one.

One thing I have learned is that you don’t get any extra points if your tacho says Autometer or Speco, or if your wheels say Auscar or Simmons. It’s quality of presentation, cleanliness, condition and finish. I understand not everyone wants a show car but a bit of pride never went astray. For all you guys struggling keep at it coz if you do the rewards can be had.

Cheers
Adam DeRose
MatMan
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: EXTREME HORSEPOWER RESULT! Reply with quote

Hey, congrats man. And your certainly right in that last paragraph. Patience and persistence are worth more than any brand name. Judges tend to judge modified parts harder than, for instance, a really well detailed stocker.
Bluewire
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: EXTREME HORSEPOWER RESULT! Reply with quote

""Congrats Adam""
Wish i could of made it to the show on the weekend, it sounds like a good show !
Im going to enter Small Car Sunday & working again takeing photos for the club, hope to see you there ?

SEAN
TravTC
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 11:25 am    Post subject: Re: EXTREME HORSEPOWER RESULT! Reply with quote

Yeah, congrats Adam! You represent us well >Smile
Give us all a bell when the photos are posted!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: