HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Paint Types

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Horsman1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 12:09 pm    Post subject: Paint Types Reply with quote

I'm looking at getting a respray in a nice metallic blue and i was wondering what paint gices the best finish. i'm not sure how a respray turns out so if anyone can explain if it looks good or not. thanks, also i'm looking cheap but good looking mags in 16".
BADGEM
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Paint Types Reply with quote

It all depends on what finish and whos doing it
The best finish u will get is an oven bake 2pac respray.
It has to be done in an oven
if U are getting some 1 to do it in ya garage or some shit U will need to go for a metallic.
2pac needs High filler as like an undercoat
and metaliic on needs primer or some shit coes out in like a grey colour
I got some in my garage a little tin, cos I was gona do mine in metallic, then changed my mind.
Oven bake can be expensive but it's the best finish, from my personal taste.
where are u from...??
gatesy
rice boy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2001 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Paint Types Reply with quote

The two types of paint are 2 Pak and ACRYLIC0. Acrylic is the way to go if you want to get it done without breaking the bank.
I know of body shops that do Acrylic resprays from around $1100 and do 2 pak resprays from about $2000 as there is a lot of work that needs to be done if your car is painted in acrylic as the paint types don't mix with each other.
The best finish straight from the spray gun is 2 pak but you can get acrylic to look pretty good once you have it rubbed and polished.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: