HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

First car

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
leosnr

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 12:32 am    Post subject: First car Reply with quote

Guys,
I'm looking for a stock Gemini for my son's first car. What would you recommend in the $2500 range? Is there anything special to look out for (apart from rust which seems to be a standard feature on many of them)
I am new to this chatroom so how can I find out if the cars posted for sale are near Adelaide?

Thanks
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: First car Reply with quote

yeah just also look out for oil leaks and rust along the blower. They tend to blow head gaskets so look out four ny signs of oil in the radiator
and if you get to test drive it make sure that it changes gears easy and that the diff does not wine
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2001 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: First car Reply with quote

and by the way, for $2500 you should be able to get a very nice specimen, good price range if you don't intend to do any work on the car at all.

do you know what model you are after?? early shape? (TX/C/D) or the later? TE/TF/TG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: