HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

getting carby off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 9:38 pm    Post subject: getting carby off Reply with quote

does anyone know how to take the carby off without having to take the inlet manifold off first? coz there is one nut that i can't get to with a spanner on the side closest to the engine.
murray
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: getting carby off Reply with quote

no i think you got to take the inlet off unless you dismantle the carbie while its on the inlet manifold

murray
FrAsErTaG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: getting carby off Reply with quote

Get A Rice
and a $2 spanner Bend/snap it to fit
I snapped mine works a beauty
Nick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: getting carby off Reply with quote

By the way James the spanner was delivered to your letterbox on tuesday arvo at about 4:00. i got to go home early cos i wasnt felling well.

I dont know what everyone is complaining about. I recently got my Nikki carb off my TG gemini with just a normal 12mm spanner. all i needed to do was undo the choke mechanism/bracket which is held on with a few screws and it came off easy as. so i guess i didnt need that spanner James
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 1:17 am    Post subject: Re: getting carby off Reply with quote

i know the nut your talkin about... we had to purchase a $1.40 spanner and drive over it in my mates celica till it was the right shape, bent 12mm works a treat! it has also come in handy several other times too, every toolbox should have one!
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: getting carby off Reply with quote

In this forum I think every toolbox DOES have one!!
matey_mate
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: getting carby off Reply with quote

i dont and i still got mine off
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 10:30 pm    Post subject: alternative measures Reply with quote

The alternative is to use a screwdriver and a hammer. Hold the flathead screwy against the nut and whack it about a zillion times. It's shithouse and probably doesn't do your nut or your screwdriver any good, but you will get it off. It's a viable alternative if you only own one 12mm spanner and haven't got around to buying another one to bend or cut yet....

Just don't do the bolt up again that way, because no matter what you do, it'll never be as tight as what old bendy can do.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: