HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Pics of my ZZ/T

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 7:46 pm    Post subject: Pics of my ZZ/T Reply with quote

I'll submit these to Joe with some info but for those who can't wait there are some pictures of my new gemini at this address

let me know what you think

http://users.bigpond.net.au/martinm/zztgem/
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 5:30 am    Post subject: Re: Pics of my ZZ/T Reply with quote

If that is a ZZ/T I am a monkeys uncle .... either that or its been in one hell of a smash ..... Michael
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 12:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics of my ZZ/T Reply with quote

Why do you say that? Its got hail damage but theres no damage to the rails etc

lost its mirrors too somewhere along the line thats why there is an old model one on there...
FrAsErTaG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 5:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics of my ZZ/T Reply with quote

Hey Martin
Nice car Smile
whatd it cost ya?
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 7:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics of my ZZ/T Reply with quote

$2700

people were willing to pay the guy more than that just for the engine so they could go rallying but my friend couldn't bare to see his car ripped apart (and he didn't need the extra money anyway) so i scored it Smile)

i'm really interested to know why slug rekons its not a ZZ/T

all the firewall mods look factory and theres no evidence of crashes or anything, there is limited information on these cars and everything i have found is in japanese. I do know that the car came from an importer in melbourne in '84 and was used by the melbourne Cops.
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics of my ZZ/T Reply with quote

Is that a Holden badge on the front?
It looks like a ZZ/T to me
Hey its got the gearstick in the right place!
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics of my ZZ/T Reply with quote

Yeah its got a holden badge, had a studpid camira style badge on it so i changed it to a square one, gonna try and find an isuzu badge if i can.

yeah its great to have it in the right place, the gearbox is set further back than stock so its not a remote shifter either.

Its got an LSD too which is sweeeet

after looking REALLY closely, sorry Slug but you are wrong, too much is individual from a normal gem as far as body work and suspension etc goes.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2001 10:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics of my ZZ/T Reply with quote

Yeah its got a holden badge, had a studpid camira style badge on it so i changed it to a square one, gonna try and find an isuzu badge if i can.

yeah its great to have it in the right place, the gearbox is set further back than stock so its not a remote shifter either.

Its got an LSD too which is sweeeet

after looking REALLY closely, sorry Slug but you are wrong, too much is individual from a normal gem as far as body work and suspension etc goes.
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2001 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Pics of my ZZ/T Reply with quote

Yeah you could make an Isuzu badge, they're a pretty simple design

How's the gearbox further back? It's bigger than a g161z one?

Does it have rear discs too?
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2001 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics of my ZZ/T Reply with quote

The engine is bigger and so it sits further back a short distance the firewall is different to a normal gem and the engine bay slightly longer beacuse of it.

Yep rear discs so it hangs on well, has the best brakes i've used in a car. my dad got a new Impreza a few weeks ago and i have to remember to brake harder in that car than in my own.

its awesome Smile
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2001 9:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics of my ZZ/T Reply with quote

The engine is bigger and so it sits further back a short distance the firewall is different to a normal gem and the engine bay slightly longer beacuse of it.

Yep rear discs so it hangs on well, has the best brakes i've used in a car. my dad got a new Impreza a few weeks ago and i have to remember to brake harder in that car than in my own.

its awesome Smile
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: Pics of my ZZ/T Reply with quote

Thats strange how do people get the G180W's into their Aussie gems?

So it has vented front discs as well? rear discs couldn't really help that much
It was good buy! Gonna mod it at all?
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 10:57 am    Post subject: Re: Pics of my ZZ/T Reply with quote

Not sure if they are vented havn't had a close look they are the same brakes that are used on the rx3 but i havn't confirmed that, its just what i have been told.

My guess would be a bit of firewall modifying, not alot i'd say remember also there is alot of other stuff crammed in there... air conditioning for example Smile

Intake and Exhaust will be the first mods, maybe one day when i'm rich i'll get the motor rebuilt for high compression or go the other way and get a turbo... until then i'll enjoy nice drivability and handling the way no gemini should
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Pics of my ZZ/T Reply with quote

Yeah couldn't be crap Aussie spec gemini brakes!
Mines got aircon, doesn't take up too much space, does it have power steering?

A turbo G180w would go pretty hard, it would have been cool if Isuzu turbo'ed the G200W for the piazza
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2001 2:33 am    Post subject: Re: Pics of my ZZ/T Reply with quote

No need to be sorry Martin because it Not a ZZ/T anyone can stick a LSD and a gear shifter in it. My question still stands what happened to the WHOLE front end its not right !!!! and I dont just mean the Mirrors as for suspention there is not one single differance between a TE gemini and a ZZ/T so I have no idea what your going on about there ... Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: