HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

...Amp Deal...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparrow
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 7:07 pm    Post subject: ...Amp Deal... Reply with quote

yeah...

I need advice on what amp to purchase...

I've been sussing some mid-price range 4 channel amps...
...I'll only be powering two pioneer 10 inch subs to start with, but i want the option to high pass / amp either splits or 6x9's too...i know i should probably get two separate amps...but i just want to experiment with this set-up first...
My budget is up to $300 here are my options and prices...

-->Schneider SPA-9704 -- 4 x 75 watt RMS (bridgeable, high/low pass crossover front/rear, MOSFET and all that - $290
-->Clarion V-NET 4 x 50 RMS (bridgeable, high pass front / low pass rear, MOSFET and yeah...)
- $300
-->BOSS 4 x 75?? RMS (800 watt total) (bridgeable, high pass front / low/high pass rear, MOSFET)
- $270 (don't know the model number - the shiny one with the cooling fan from Brisbane Car Sound)
-->JayCar 4 x 50 RMS (bridgeable, high pass front / low pass rear, MOSFET, yeah...)
- $250
-->EXTREME (autobarn amp) 4 x 50 RMS (bridgeable, high/low pass crossover front/rear, MOSFET all that shit...) -$ 265 (don't know the model - but it is red with the crossover/gain settings under a clear plastic panel on the top of the amp held down with allan key screws)

...At the moment i am deciding between the Schneider, BOSS, and the EXTREME amps. A mate has the BOSS and it goes full hard, i only know a little about the Schneider and nothing about the EXTREME.

If anyone has had exerience with either of these three amps...give us your opinion on what to purchase !!
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 7:37 pm    Post subject: Re: ...Amp Deal... Reply with quote

I personally use the jaycar one you mentioned there to power my front speakers and 6x9's its all matched 50wrms so it goes hard without distorting.

I have also used it to bridge and power a sub. It has good sound quality, nice design and goes quite hard. I havn't owned any of the others but all i can really do it put in good word for the amp its very clean and true to the sound. The other Power Acoustik amp i have goes harder, but is not as clear.

250 is a bargain.... i have heard that schnieder amps are good too but, dunno about the others.
MrSHADOW
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: ...Amp Deal... Reply with quote

I wouldn't touch any of them if you have decent speakers. If you have average speakers then the Jaycar amp will do alright.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 8:33 am    Post subject: Re: ...Amp Deal... Reply with quote

Explain??
As long as you don't under power or over power any speakers its not going make a huge amount of difference.
pisana
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: ...Amp Deal... Reply with quote

Jaycar would be the best value for money out of the lot. Hot 4's and CAA have reveiwed these amps and they always come out on top even against big names with sound quality, power and value for money.

Phil
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: ...Amp Deal... Reply with quote

I hope you havn't bought anything yet Sparrow, becasue I am going to tell you about my amp.

Its a 4 channel Fusion, rated at 4x125w rms, @ 4 ohms stereo. I've had this thing running at 2 ohms bridged, and nearly shook the car apart with a pair of 8's. I am now running a pair of splits and a single 12" from it. Has all the features, HP and LP, bass boost, I cant remember the range of the gain.

Cost is just under $400, so if your budget can stretch, then is my recommendation. They are advertised as a FP -1000 something, which is there PMPO output, but at 2 ohms brideged, it is porbably closer to 800W rms.

Ben Wight
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: