HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

clunking sort of noise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danny
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 12:47 am    Post subject: clunking sort of noise Reply with quote

i have a problem that i have no idea what it is.
when i accelerate quickly or dump the clutch a really bad crunching, clunking noise comes from somewhere to my left under the console. sounds like maybe the diff, driveshaft or somethin anyone whose got any ideas i would be greatful
cheers
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: clunking sort of noise Reply with quote

Check your engine mounts, gearbox mounts and your front subframes methinks. You might have a dodgy mount, when the engine twists under torque (dumping the clutch) it may be moving around a little more than it should.

I have also heard of the subframes weakening after a hard life and cracking slightly.

Just my ideas off the top of me head.
FrAsErTaG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 4:58 pm    Post subject: Re: clunking sort of noise Reply with quote

Check all ur bushs
my bushs are slightly fucked and Im saving all the cash I can to Pay to do everything all at once.
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: clunking sort of noise Reply with quote

if its clunking now when u r driving normally it means uve fucked ur diff centre pin. caused by dropping ur clutch and baggin em up. it can cause a fair bit of damage if it is cause in some cases they can end up grinding inside the gearbox.
9EMI
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: clunking sort of noise Reply with quote

is the exhaust standard? if not the new exhaust/headers may be too close to the floor so when the engine twists under take-off the exhaust is flexing and touching the underbody.
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 3:18 pm    Post subject: Re: clunking sort of noise Reply with quote

I have the same kinda noise when I leave the lights hard and I hit 2nd gear except my noise comes from the passenger side of the diff...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: