HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

WTB G200 Computer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PiNk_Tx_CoOp
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 1:06 pm    Post subject: WTB G200 Computer Reply with quote

I am looking for a computer and loom off a G200. Needed for EFI upgrade. If i cant find it, I might be selling my EFI manifold and dizzy.
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB G200 Computer Reply with quote

Factory EFI computers are fairly hard to use, I'm told. This is because they are Japanese-spec and thusly have most of their information written in Japanese. What I'm saying is that although I have never seen one, I'm not sure they're very usable. And further more, the reason I've never seen one is that they all get chucked out when they come in off the boat.

You'd be better off saving your dough and buying yourself a good aftermarket computer. Believe me, the dollars spent getting EFI running on your car will be fully worth it.

Think about it - no need for tuning, better fuel consumption (I know a guy who cut his fuel consumption by 75%), more power for less fuel - heaps of reasons.

Good luck.
PiNk_Tx_CoOp
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 6:17 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB G200 Computer Reply with quote

Thanx for the advice. What type of computer suits the engine though??? And whats the price???
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: WTB G200 Computer Reply with quote

I often read replys to people on here, but I have never had such a good laugh as from this post... Japanese ECU's writen in Japanese ... Thats a crack ... perhaps we need to put this post somewhere for all to see, perhaps even under Hot geminis most funniest posts .. I love it ... Michael
simon96
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB G200 Computer Reply with quote

how much for the manifold and dizzy
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB G200 Computer Reply with quote

Well that's the reason I was told why they all get ditched - nobody knows which ports on the ECU do what things.

I've never seen one, so I'm talking from hearsay I've heard, but you're pretty much insulted me, so you can go fuck yourself.

I've given enough sound advice on this website not to have to take crap from kids like you.

Cheers,

Dave
PiNk_Tx_CoOp
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 10:08 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB G200 Computer Reply with quote

im not sure. make an offer, and ill think about it. What should i sell it for
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB G200 Computer Reply with quote

Hearsay eh .. that figures .. most of what you preach is ....Michael
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: WTB G200 Computer Reply with quote

I didn't know you felt like that Slug.

Does everybody on this site think I'm a fuckup?

If so, bring it on. I'd like to hear about it.
Dave
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 7:39 pm    Post subject: Japanese Computer Reply with quote

Just spoke to my mate who bought a G200 DOHC EFI engine that came with the original computer.

The section of the wiring loom that can be spliced into the existing loom was all labelled in Japanese.

The sensors (throttle, temp and the rest) were all labelled in Japanese, as were the pins on the ECU.

The ECU itself was covered in Japanese writing.

So the solution is to look up the instructions on the Internet. When he bought his computer and engine some 4 years ago, the only site that offered installation instructions was also in Japanese.

So unless you are familiar with all three of the Japanese alphabets, hirogana, katogana and kanji, then you're gonna have serious, SERIOUS headfucks actually installing the thing correctly.

Once you do, it's an un-programmable, un-upgradable piece of hardware.

So assuming that you did fuck around for hours upon hours at the risk of blowing it up or missing something, then finally got it to work, would it not have been more prudent to just buy a bloody aftermarket, English-language programmable ECU and deal with the extra cost, which isn't that much extra when you think about the extra benefits.

As for the hearsay and other non-factual information that I regularly post on the site; I'm just trying to help people with questions, rather than deride them.

And why? Because the difference is that I'm a mature-minded individual, whilst you my friend are not.
PiNk_Tx_CoOp
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2001 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Japanese Computer Reply with quote

Thanx Dave. Ur advice was very helpful. At least u got the decency to give a guy a hand...
Slug
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 5:27 am    Post subject: Re: Japanese Computer Reply with quote

Your so funny.. really you are, how long did it take you to think up this story umm ?? and what would you say if I told you that Isuzu DONT do ther own ECU's ?? what then, gunna tell me it's in german ??? ... Michael
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> Gemini parts All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: