HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

engine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kizza
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 8:56 pm    Post subject: engine Reply with quote

i would like to know what is the largest engine u can bolt strait in a gemi with no modifications at all?
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: engine Reply with quote

A sohc 2 litre g200 is the largest i think that runs a carby and dosn't need any mods. if you start getting into rodeo engines etc i think you have to modify the mounts and a small part of the firwall.

the dohc engines require a different gearbox but i think they mount the same way.

hope that helps
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 4:25 pm    Post subject: Re: engine Reply with quote

Depends what you mean by modifications. Technically, even using 1600 engine mounts on a G200 is a modification. I think a 2.3 (4ZD1??) will bolt in with minor mods such as 1600 engine mounts or something like that. I have never installed one, apparantly they are rare. Check the workshop you lazy bastard!
FrAsErTaG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: engine Reply with quote

Ben
the workshop is broken
teehehehee
maDGeMvAN
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 1:45 am    Post subject: Re: engine Reply with quote

The 2.3l 4ZD1 bolts straight in to the original 1600 engine mounts. Just under the heater/blower tube you need to slightly shave/bash the firewall for clearance. Simlpe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: