HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

got one

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gemie chick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 8:52 pm    Post subject: got one Reply with quote

heyas.
this is RalliArt Nimbus, i finally got me a gem.
see what u bastards did to me?! hehe anyway.
its a TG with NO rust and a 1.8 from a shuttle.
so yeh, hope yas feel guilty. Smile
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: got one Reply with quote

Finally he sees the light!!
So what u gonna call yourself now??
You'll hafta get yourself a login for this place.
RalliArt Gemini will NOT do Smile
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: got one Reply with quote

Ahhhh yet another we hva managed to convert !

Wanna swap cars ? U can have my TF full o rust with a stock 1.6. WOW ! It does however have an illegally small steering wheel and good suspensiona dn braking so even if you cant steer it you can stop it ! hahaha
gemie chick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: got one Reply with quote

heheh, ben, yeh gotta point with the ralliart stuff eh. but hey, i found more. in her past life shes had a minor dingle up the arse, but the previous owner was a mech's wife so she got the good treatment.theres definently somthin goin on with the cam, and accordin to the mech the engine was built by some dude in boronia, who is meant to be some g-series engine nutter.. ill call him when i find out who he is. its no nimbus, you know what im torquing about...Smile) it just wont rev. im used to 7000-7500 rpm changes but now its all around 4- 4500... im converting the TG dodgy look to the TE,(tis what i like) nd to differ from debs im changin bits... like the tail lights, im customisen them, lil hint im usin 250+ LEDs but we'll see how it goes.i like the car.. it sort of grows on ya, tho its a lil hairy in the wet!
RalliArtNimbus aint goin, i just dunno what to do with her..

greg

p.s. when u comin down, we gotta do a cruise.
Benjamin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 12:29 pm    Post subject: Re: got one Reply with quote

Dingles aren't much, my TX had been dingled before I met her, then I had three minor front dingles (backed into w/towbar, friend hit a stump, hit a roo) and you can straighten them out ok.

You are right, gems don't really rev that hard but they have a really strong midrange which helps them punt out of corners really well. We never did drag the Nimbus and my TX did we?? Damn! I reckon I mighta had ya until the bus hit 6000rpm. Gems are awesome in the wet, very taily. It will be a shock for you to get used to using the tail RWD style rather than point-and-shoot FWD, how you finding that?

Some TEs look good, Debs does coz it is a dark colour. Light coloured TEs look a bit pox. TF and TG are nicenice. LED tailies will be a neat touch.
I am going the "She may look stock apart from the big steelies, a suspiciously large pipe, and rides lower than normal, but she is going to BITE YOUR HEAD OFF"

She is booked in for a roadworthy today, so if all goes to plan I will get her registered tomorrow Very Happy
Driving with a still half fuqqed up knee is achievable, but interesting...

I will be driving to Melb weekend after the one coming, but I doubt I will get a chance to catch you guys. Maybe the weekend after if I am encouraged. I would really like to make some mods first, pipe and carb for starters. What are the chances of you finding a tacho dash setup?

How is Deb's beast going? Hi Deb!

Till the next time, cya Smile
Bugle
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 6:38 pm    Post subject: Re: got one Reply with quote

Just wondering is the shuttle 1.8 a 4ZB1 or G180?
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 6:42 pm    Post subject: Re: got one Reply with quote

1.8 4zb1
gemie chick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:31 am    Post subject: Re: got one Reply with quote

nah its a g180..

yeh ben ure right man, the arse is always a little to happy in the wet but its getting fun now Wink
the clutch is shite, i can get it to slip between every gear.
about the tacho cluster keep my eyes open. the only prob is they rarely work right.. the temp, fuel and speedo guages are all swapable, but the volt, oil press, and tacho r hard to find. another prob is the oil pressure gauge requires a different sender, one from a gem that originally had a tacho, these are also seemingly hard to find... unless anyone knows one that is transferable from a diff car..
this w/e i found a mirror with a lil lever thing that goes on the door so u can adjust from inside, and i found a romote boot lever opener thingy... i also scored 3 webbers of those old falcon barges to try and adapt... are they any good??

later RalliArt Nimbus
Fastgem
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:56 am    Post subject: Re: got one Reply with quote

Shuttles are a 1.8 4zb1

Get the oil sender off a commodore blue motor
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: