HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

BLOODY BONNET

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlasticAge
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 4:37 pm    Post subject: BLOODY BONNET Reply with quote

Ok, heres the problem, got a new bonnet for the tx, sprayed it and everything, put it on, had a few troubles lining the holes up etc...but all turned out good...put the bonnet down, and the main bonnet pin has gone into the whole etc..but i cant lift the fucker up...the cable assembly is fine.....but it seems Jammed shut.....impracticly lifting the car up when i try to lift it up.....any one got any ideas to help me outta this situation?
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 6:02 pm    Post subject: Re: BLOODY BONNET Reply with quote

Pull harder!

The only thing causing it is the main bonnet pin is still engaged in its retainer. The cable must not be releasing it properly.

When you yank on the cable, do you hear a click and does the bonnet pop up a bit?

If not, then that is your problem.
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 1:31 pm    Post subject: Re: BLOODY BONNET Reply with quote

had the EXACT same problem when i put a new bonnet from a TD on my TX
got stuck down like a ... like a.... i dunno can't think of a good analogy

but yeah like ben says... pull harder... i tied some wire around the release handle keeping it pulled tight so it wouldn't click shut on me again. WD40 might loosen things up a bit make it a little easier but yeah, just pull...
Mooch
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 2:16 am    Post subject: Re: BLOODY BONNET Reply with quote

Little tip, for the inexperienced, fit the bonnet with the grill off. Makes things a tad easier when the little u know, willyish thing fouls.

Cheers
petrol_hed
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: BLOODY BONNET Reply with quote

get someone to push down on the bonnet while you pull the release
worked with my mums camry
PlasticAge
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: BLOODY BONNET Reply with quote

hehe, thanks for that tip dude.....but the grill is off.....
PlasticAge
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: BLOODY BONNET Reply with quote

lol.....mines a TX as well.....the release catch is def working as i can see it.....if tried even doing it from underneath the bonnet, as i dont have the grill on atm. After much swearing, im convinced there could have been some front end damage to the car at some stage which may have slightly moved the release, or pushed it back...so its off to the crash shop for me.....LOL
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2001 11:12 pm    Post subject: Re: BLOODY BONNET Reply with quote

please excuse my inexperience...Smile
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: BLOODY BONNET Reply with quote

on mine it wasn't the catch saftey lever thing (sorry, i am inexperienced) it was the actual release catch thing (again, sorry) that was holding it in, the pin with the spring on it (once more...)

try holding the lever back to make sure its not gettng caught on that. If the pin is slightly larger or in a different position to the old one it will probly stick, brute force should move it....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: