HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Transplant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlasticAge
rice boy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 12:10 am    Post subject: Transplant Reply with quote

Hey does anyone know if anyone has every transplanted a holden v6 into a gemmi.....looking at the dimensions, it should fit...?????
martin
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Transplant Reply with quote

http://www.v6conversions.com.au/

try that, has some good info
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 12:32 am    Post subject: Re: Transplant Reply with quote

i have a magazine from a while back called gemini fever and it has a gem in there that has had a VN V6 put in.... it can be done but i'd say there'd have to be major mods done to make it fit!
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: Transplant Reply with quote

The custom fabricated shock tower bracing on that car was a sight to be seen, wasn't it!! truly well designed and made.
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 2:34 am    Post subject: Re: Transplant Reply with quote

The holden V6 is bulky, heavy, rough and doesn't rev... The Isuzu 6VD1 (3.2L) and 6VE1 (3.5L) V6 engines are more compact, lighter, have 4 cams, 24 valves, a stronger bottom end and will pull bigger revs and more power...

The holden V6's good point is that it is cheap.
FrAsErTaG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Transplant Reply with quote

but it is cheaper to install the Isuzu or holden?
CopBait
tinkerer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2001 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Transplant Reply with quote

Hey, as far as i know, the V6 conversion to a gemini is fairly straightforward, i would be talking to Rod Hadfield at the castlemaine rod shop, about a new engine mount kit, i think the whole set-up including custom sump ect ect, is about $700-800, coz i was thinking about putting one in my TE. There is a TE Gemini from here in shepparton, which has a supercharged V6 in it, goes like a fuck'in rocket. Cheers
v6gemini

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 5:03 am    Post subject: Re: Transplant Reply with quote

It does fit but there are quite a few tricky things to look out for eg.standard brake booster hits exhaust manifold, handbrake is very close to man gearstick and remember the v6 is 40kgs heavier than the 1600.
Apart from that it's a conversion thats easy on the wallet.
MrSHADOW
tinkerer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Transplant Reply with quote

The no door handles shocked me the most
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: