HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Webers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
micka

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 2:44 pm    Post subject: Webers Reply with quote

Hi just wandering what you guys thought were better, dual sidedraught or dual downdraught webers? any major advantages to either of them?
Thanx fellas
Josh
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Webers Reply with quote

I suppose twin downdrafts would be easyer to fit and probley a lot cheaper than side drafts
Ben Wight
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Webers Reply with quote

I prefer twin sidedraughts, but in a gemini, they are much harder to fit and the most commonly available manifolds are a compromise.

Sidedraughts have higher airflow capabilities as usually they dont have to turn a 90 degree bend.

Twin IDF manifolds are available off the shelf, as are linkage kits. You can no longer buy sidedraught manifolds from lynx which are made to clear the brake booster.

A straight runner sidedraught manifold will be the best option, but this requires relocation of the brake booster.
FrAsErTaG
tinkerer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Webers Reply with quote

I have recently fitted a Falcon 34ADM weber and the throughts are only abit bigger then a 32/36dgav but its done miricles for the engine.
Its idleing really smooth now.
I dont have the choke yet I can jump in it and drive without warming it (although I still keep it low revs cause it damages the engine driving hard cold).
It has 2 Primary Jets that work off vacume so they adjust to the manifold vacume.
Uses abit of fuel tho Considering its made for a 4.1 Engine its pretty affordable.

Thats not really answering your question but Im thinking you want big well this is a fairly large carby and not hard to install.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: