HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

lowering height?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 1:18 pm    Post subject: lowering height? Reply with quote

before i go and purchase some springs, was wondering what the legal height is, and also how much most of you lower your gems, i don't want it really low, but not stock height either, just enough to look nice... with a noticeable difference tho...
all answers appreciated...
thanx all,

Matt
FLYINLoW
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: lowering height? Reply with quote

depends what size wheels u got etc.
the only way to go is fuckin low as possible without losing your suspension totally.
2-3 inches all round is usually a fair enough drop unless u want that hammered look then drop it right down so it sits just below the bump stops.

dont care how u go
as long as ur FLYIN LoW.
Gene FJ20DET
hod rodder

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 10:14 pm    Post subject: Re: lowering height? Reply with quote

i droped mine 4 inches
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 10:20 pm    Post subject: Re: lowering height? Reply with quote

yeah but ur wheels are to small gene especially those shitty corrolla stockys u had on the back the other day lol
henry
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 1:25 am    Post subject: Re: lowering height? Reply with quote

gday
my gem is lowerd but i dont know how many inches.. is there a way to find out how many inches the car is lowerd?

thnaks
Adam
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2001 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: lowering height? Reply with quote

Measure the distance from the centre of the wheel to the guard lip, vertically up this is. This is the standard measure for ride height, as it isn't affected by wheel size or tyre profile.
TX III
petrol head

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2001 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: lowering height? Reply with quote

g'day adam,
thats all good, but what is the stock ride height of a gem??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: