HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

taco dash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlasticAge
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 9:14 pm    Post subject: taco dash Reply with quote

Hey everyone.
I was just wondering how much one would pay for a taco dash, like the ones from the gypsy vans etc.??
And is it a big job to exchange it with the orgiginal clock dash cluster?

I've been scouring the yards, but havent come up with one yet!!
wharfie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 9:56 pm    Post subject: Re: taco dash Reply with quote

the tacho dashes for tf-tg can b found, i got one from a wrecker for $40 but its an art to con them. Expect to pay $100 - $200 depending on condition. all u need to do is take the original cluster out then take it to bits and remove your speedo, u then take your taco cluster to bits and put your original speedo into the taco cluster. if ur patient u will find instructions on how to do this in the workshop when its up and running. When u connect the tacho cluster up everything should work except the oil pressure gauge. To get this working u need to buy a "sender unit" which has a connection on it for your oil warning light and the oil pressure gauge. Dont buy one from a wreckers coz they can be clogged with oil and wont work, u can clean them out but its a bitch of a job so just buy a new one from an auto shop or rarespares (www.rarespares.net.au) they cost about $45 new and its worth it. U have to find the original sender unit which is near your oil filter. U can find it easily it has a black wire coming out of it. Simply replace the original sender unit with the new one (be quick coz oil comes out) and connect the 2 wires up then test it, if it doesnt work swap the wires around. By the way if u follow the black wire up u will find the other wire wrapped up in electrical tape. email me if u have ne questions or need instructions on how to get the original cluster out.
wharfie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 9:57 pm    Post subject: Re: taco dash Reply with quote

the tacho dashes for tf-tg can b found, i got one from a wrecker for $40 but its an art to con them. Expect to pay $100 - $200 depending on condition. all u need to do is take the original cluster out then take it to bits and remove your speedo, u then take your taco cluster to bits and put your original speedo into the taco cluster. if ur patient u will find instructions on how to do this in the workshop when its up and running. When u connect the tacho cluster up everything should work except the oil pressure gauge. To get this working u need to buy a "sender unit" which has a connection on it for your oil warning light and the oil pressure gauge. Dont buy one from a wreckers coz they can be clogged with oil and wont work, u can clean them out but its a bitch of a job so just buy a new one from an auto shop or rarespares (www.rarespares.net.au) they cost about $45 new and its worth it. U have to find the original sender unit which is near your oil filter. U can find it easily it has a black wire coming out of it. Simply replace the original sender unit with the new one (be quick coz oil comes out) and connect the 2 wires up then test it, if it doesnt work swap the wires around. By the way if u follow the black wire up u will find the other wire wrapped up in electrical tape. email me if u have ne questions or need instructions on how to get the original cluster out.
wharfie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 9:58 pm    Post subject: Re: taco dash Reply with quote

wharfie
tinkerer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 9:58 pm    Post subject: internet probs Reply with quote

bugger didnt mean that to happen
CJ
rice boy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2001 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: taco dash Reply with quote

if your refering to the TE model Tacho dash it is a straight swap for the standard cluster, every thing will work, price wise i sold one for $400 & a mate Sold his for $500, but then the one in my car i brought for $120 with the gauges that go into the console.
to remove the cluster undo the wing nut on the back of the unit, remove two screws from the top, remove stering wheel diconect spedo & wireing harnes
PlasticAge
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 7:59 pm    Post subject: Re: taco dash Reply with quote

Im talking about a taco dash to go into a tx gemini..from something like the td gypsy panel fan......including the centre console gauges.... no luck yet...but im lookin round, its wierd that the coupes didnt come out with the taco dash.. considering most other 2 doors of the time did eh?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: