HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Carby info

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 9:48 am    Post subject: Carby info Reply with quote

Anyone have any info they can share on how best to do a carby overhaul? Got the engine fitted now and it is losing a little power coz of the carby.

I once heard that a carby overhaul would cost about $350 but I am not sure if this bloke is fair dinkum or not, after all he was the one who put shit coolant in my car which seems to have aided the fast corrosion on the heads.

Is that for real? Is it cheaper to just go buy another ? The replacement engine came with a carby so I have my old one here as well, or was it my old one they put on coz the one that came wiht the engine was screwed. Anyways, I have a second one here in pieces to play with as well. I can only assume that the spare one is rooted.

Catch yas

Cam
Loz
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2001 6:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Carby info Reply with quote

A carby kit costs between $40 and $80. If you can undo a screw and have a decent memory you can rebuild it yourself. Just take it apart and swap the new parts on the kit for the old ones. Plus if you do it yourself you will generally learn a lot more. eg. how your carby actually works and what each part does.
Gemmy
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2001 12:05 am    Post subject: Re: Carby info Reply with quote

Loz .. legend .. the idea of doing it myself is looking financially more viable.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> The Old Forum All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: