HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

Solenoid

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rodolphe
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 11:09 am    Post subject: Solenoid Reply with quote

Yea it is me again :p

I have sourced a free starter motor which is very cool. What I want to know is, is it possible to change just the solenoid ?? If it is, can you do this withour removing the whole starter motor ?? Because last time I changed my starter motor I hade to jack my engine up off it's mounts and shit becasue I was about 2cm short of clearance. So yer can you do it ??

I only want to change the solenoid as the starter motor I have is a 5-6 month old fully recon one, the one I am getting is pretty old so I am hoping all what is wrong with mine is the solenoid - if it is that at all that is making it hard to start my car...

Cheers and soz for naggin ya all Surprised)
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 2:39 am    Post subject: Re: Solenoid Reply with quote

if the starter motor u got for free works just change it cause its a lot easier than changing the soliends
Rodolphe
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 11:36 am    Post subject: Re: Solenoid Reply with quote

Yea the thing is though I don't know if the starter I am getting for free works or not Surprised( I'll just swap them and see what does, it isn't that hard.
TXcoupe
petrol head

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Solenoid Reply with quote

the easy way to checkl if they work is just runa battery leads across the terminals and listen for a clicking noise
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: