HotGemini.com - Holden Gemini heaven
Home What's New About Help Contact

TX - what color ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PlasticAge
rice boy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 2:09 am    Post subject: TX - what color ? Reply with quote

I've been trying to find a matching color touch up for my tx ... its kinda a red.. candy apple color, however when i look at the color matching books in auto centers they dont have a red for 1976???
and the paint number of the id tag doesnt match any numbers in the book.? Any suggestions?
Pete
backyard mechanic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: TX - what color ? Reply with quote

Go see a paint shop with the paint code and they should match it up 4 you.
Nick
tinkerer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2001 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: TX - what color ? Reply with quote

better yet go to a paint shop with an exact example of the paint ie. take in the fuel cover, cos if its original paint it will be heaps faded from when it rolled out of the factory and if its been resprayed the paint code will be wrong anyway
PlasticAge
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: TX - what color ? Reply with quote

Its definatly the original color......ive seen other gem's with it.....some ppl refer to it as orange...however it looks like a red to me...but not a deep red...kinda red manderine color.....*shrug*
PlasticAge
rice boy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2001 6:49 pm    Post subject: Re: TX - what color ? Reply with quote

Its definatly the original color......ive seen other gem's with it.....some ppl refer to it as orange...however it looks like a red to me...but not a deep red...kinda red manderine color.....*shrug*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    hotgemini.com Forum Index -> General Gemini Chat All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: